Looking for Econfina Grass Intel

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

big bend gyrene

Looking for Econfina Grass Intel

Post by big bend gyrene »

Got quite a bit of response from folks confirming areas out of Econfina that have held grass in the past now being barren, but posting today with the opposite question.

Wondering if anybody has found any spots holding enough grass to hold some pinfish?

Have pretty much had zero luck with them this year and have a few trips coming up where I would like at least a handful up for bait. Can understand how folks might not want to share info too publicly, as any grass left is probably holding not just pins but trout too. Those who know me can instantly attest trout aren't my target species, so very much appreciate some intel, even if shared by PM to keep the info secure. Absolutely zero interest from my end on anything other than catching bait! :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Blue spinner
Site Sponsor

Re: Looking for Econfina Grass Intel

Post by Blue spinner »

i have found pins in a spot i have been fishing last week , i will be down Thursday and i don't mine showing you it is west of the mouth of the river
i don't have my GPS here at the house so no numbers
One thing about the speed of light it gets here too early in the morning
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Many thanks, Blue Spinner. Any help appreciated. Found one small spot of grass this last trip and kicking myself for not marking it... thought I would find some other spots... but didn't. :(
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Frank Bradfield
Site Sponsor

Post by Frank Bradfield »

Econfina's grass has been killed because of the super dark water for months. Its is coming back slow but there is grass to be found, short but holds trout and pinfish. You just have to motor around till you find it. If you find it, stop because you will be off it quick. We managed about 15 nice pins the other day but it took awhile. Times are tough at econfina for grass, which makes grouper fishing tough without live bait so i'll be breaking out the speargun next trip!
frank
redbelly7

Post by redbelly7 »

I'm guessing that there is no "rock grass" as well?