alligator harbor boat ramp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ertauber

alligator harbor boat ramp

Post by ertauber »

In the past I have used the sand ramp on the north side of Alligator harbor. Anyone used it lately? Best tide to launch? Fishing success in this area?
hmaadd29

Re: alligator harbor boat ramp

Post by hmaadd29 »

what kinda boat you got. I launch at any tide. Ramp same as always (sandy) Fishing is always good in sunny florida
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

17 ft bass tracker w 40 merc. great for fishing in all. harbor but the shallow area has always been a launch problem. Tried the ramp on the other side but the slope is so gradual I could not get the boat off the trailer. Want to fish the back areas of the harbor and turkey point. Suggestions are always appreciated and if you are able to fish during the week would love your guidance.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

The ramp you mentioned is Leonard's landing. If you think the public ramp is bad, Leonard's is way worse. More of a gradual slope and it is a sand ramp. You may try the ramp on sun and sand rd. or the public ramp ( that u mentioned in the op), but parking is very limited. There is a better ramp at the marina, but there is no parking there. Mostly people launching and taking their trailers back to their beach houses. Lanark ramp is much better than any in AH with ample parking. Lanark market sells boat gas, some tackle and ice and drinks. Good folks.There is a $10 launch fee, but well worth he lack of headaches that come with launching at the harbor. Good luck

Here is a thread on the subject
http://www.bigbendfishing.net/phpBB3/vi ... =2&t=36587
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
hmaadd29

Post by hmaadd29 »

I'm sorry I misread your post. I thought you were asking about sun and sand rd ramp. It should be very easy loading and unloading that boat on sun and sand rd. The ramp is all sand but it's easy to load and unload there. Plus plenty of parking The public ramp by the beach access can be a pain at any tide. Lanark Market is always great but that is a long run.
kikstand454

Post by kikstand454 »

Watch the tide at sun and sand.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

kikstand454 wrote:Watch the tide at sun and sand.
You really have to watch the tide on every ramp in AH.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven