Stick It pin anchor??

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Edwade

Re: Stick It pin anchor??

Post by Edwade »

Griff, count me in for an 8 footer just like you're ordering. BTW, Fishbaitbilly and I are heading back to HM tomorrow to enjoy the mild temperatures.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

redcodefsu wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
Welby wrote:Yep. 8 footer. Just let me know.
Impatience got the best of me. Bought one today. Thanks for offering. :-D
What did you end up buying?
An 8 footer.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

silverking wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:Impatience got the best of me. Bought one today.
And you call yourself a fisherman? :lol:

You won't be disappointed. I've owned two. Stick It makes a great product and they have less impact on the sea grass/bottom than an anchor.
What can I say. Had money and could not wait. Gonna try it tomorrow.
gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

Edwade wrote:Griff, count me in for an 8 footer just like you're ordering. BTW, Fishbaitbilly and I are heading back to HM tomorrow to enjoy the mild temperatures.

I added you to list of those wanting a pole. Enjoy HM and Cool temps LOL :-D Wish I could go but have to work. I will not be able to hit the coast again until 9/27
Griff - 14.5' Ultimate Native
Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit What virtue has joined together,
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Image. Well I used the Stick It today scalloping ......I love it! Held in new moon current and tied from a side cleat. Image. Image.

ertauber

Post by ertauber »

made mine for $11.00 made from galvanized 8' rod and a clip from Ace Hdwe. Works perfect even up to 10mph winds. Don't need to use an anchor unless the depth exceeds 5'
gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

Check my post in the general area. We are placing an order for poles $23.40 for 8 ft x 3/4" pole and handle.
Thanks
Griff
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Hit n miss, what did you use to glue your t-handle? I used 5200 and it pulled right off, and what kind of rope did you use to tie off with

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

HnM bought a Stick It Anchor Pin and the handle is already attached. It also comes with a lanyard with double loops. The pin slides through the small loop and you can attach the other to a cleat or wrap around the poling platform, etc.

Stick Its are sold through retailers but you can also order from their site. Look for the Shop Tab at the far right on the home page. Several styles/lengths of pre-looped lanyards available at reasonable prices.

www.stickitanchorpins.com

On your handle, did you score the pin and T with sandpaper first and use slow-cure 5200? That's the strongest formula, but it needs to sit a couple days at least before using.
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Got mine from the max-gain and no didn't do the sandpaper part, I will try that. I just did the 5200 and let it cure a couple days. Had to order a new tip
the other day and saw they recommend jb weld for it. Thanks for the info, gonna redo that booger this weekend

gatoremt

Post by gatoremt »

We are ordering from Max Gain. They recommend JB Weld. I will find out how it works when we get our order in Oct. I will just use paracord with a brass clip for my tag line. That is what i have on my 5' on now. It works with no problem.
death shall not separate
Deus bonus est
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

My current Stick It was gray, but I used a trimmed palm frond and green/brown spray paint to camouflage it to match the Mossy Oak Duck Blind skirts on the yak. Looks cool. :wink:

I also added the Wang stainless tip to it and the PowePole on the boat. Does a good job protecting the tips of both in rocky areas.
Seachaser

Post by Seachaser »

kenfly wrote:Hit n miss, what did you use to glue your t-handle? I used 5200 and it pulled right off, and what kind of rope did you use to tie off with

5200 takes a long time to cure. You may think it is cured but not. Use JB weld, mix well, takes 24 hours to cure. I always sand and clean before glueing anything.