Indian Pass Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ddb

Indian Pass Fishing

Post by ddb »

My wife and I are taking a short Anniversary trip next weekend to Indian Pass. Since I don't do too well just sitting, and a guy can only drink so many margaritas, I'm thinking of throwing in a fishing rod and a few lures. So I'm wondering (1) if it is worth my time (although I will probably do it even if it isn't), (2) where to start, and (3) what lures to throw in. I'm more of an inshore guy than a surf guy, but I can adapt. Thanks for your help.
MarkM

Re: Indian Pass Fishing

Post by MarkM »

I don't know much about the fishing there, but I like margaritas
Harmsway
Site Sponsor

Post by Harmsway »

Kinda hard to go wrong with a gulp shrimp on a Jughead under a popping cork, or no cork.
To fish, or not to fish, . . . those are the answers.
ddb

Post by ddb »

That I can do. Any stray redfish I can throw a plug at?
Ken_80

Post by Ken_80 »

ddb wrote:My wife and I are taking a short Anniversary trip next weekend to Indian Pass. Since I don't do too well just sitting, and a guy can only drink so many margaritas, I'm thinking of throwing in a fishing rod and a few lures. So I'm wondering (1) if it is worth my time (although I will probably do it even if it isn't), (2) where to start, and (3) what lures to throw in. I'm more of an inshore guy than a surf guy, but I can adapt. Thanks for your help.

Any luck?
ddb

Post by ddb »

Hmm. Well it really wasn't supposed to be a fishing trip anyhoo :-D I threw some plastics on the gulf side one morning when I saw some bait and bird action, but only found tail biters. Went over to the bay side off of cape san blas and did some casting and snorkeling over there. Lots of bait fish and more tail biters, but nothing of significance. I was just wading, but it looked like it could be very nice water if you could get out there enough. On the other hand, got a full dose of the Indian Pass Raw Bar, excellent oysters, brew and entertainment. It appears to happen every weekend, but Karioke on Friday and the sing-along on Saturday are not to be missed :D Great weekend despite no fishes.