aucilla boat ramp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

bman

Re: aucilla boat ramp

Post by bman »

Steve Stinson wrote:Put a big new ramp and docks at the Aucilla, and you can be there is going to be a lot more shrapnel in the river. I have hauled quite a few folks sportin' half an outboard back to the ramp at Aucilla and donated a couple myself.
I think this is just another ploy by the government to prop up the marine industry ;-)
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
cheesecrakr

Post by cheesecrakr »

Hmm... I've been mostly going to Econfina and have been recently thinking about trying aucilla. Y'all got me thinking I should just stick to Econfina now :-?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Aucilla hasn't turned on this year like normal. Probably because of the warmer weather and rain. If you have a smaller boat and take your time, you will be fine.

I have been over to Econfina this Winter and only caught fish on the smaller end of the scale.
countrycorners

Post by countrycorners »

I love fishing Aucilla but can't stand the river current at the ramp. Trying to get the boat back on the trailer when the current has you sideways drives me nuts. I've watched folks with a wide range of experience come in there and, sooner or later, every one of them looks like they never piloted a boat before! I had a friend explain that I needed to put the trailer in at an angle then I could drive right on. Ha! Anyway, I've pretty much decided to put in at Econfina and work my way up to Aucilla from there. Maybe I'll reduce my frustration and live to fish longer!
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

You are right about the current at the ramp at Aucilla. :cry: I try to come in from the far bank, angle the boat carefully so I can meet up with my trailer. I have to keep the boat moving or it doesn't work at all. :roll:
Yours in the South
Nambleman

Post by Nambleman »

Do you think the construction crew would have much to say if a buddy and I rolled up and hand launched a couple kayaks off to the side? I personally don't see any harm in that.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I don't think kayaks would be a problem at all. You can actually lift those over the rock seawall upstream from all of the construction, and never get near where they are working.
TroutTrent

Post by TroutTrent »

Does anyone have any information on the Aucilla boat ramp is it still closed. I spoke with the lady at JR'S she seem to think they haven't even started yet she said people were fishing out of there this past Saturday :roll: Gibb
MIAcanes44

Post by MIAcanes44 »

Does anyone know the answer to this? I would like to fish aucilla this weekend if the ramp is open.
When you catch so many, you just stop counting.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I just talked to JR (Wed. 1/28 at 3:30 pm). As of right now, the Aucilla Ramp is still open. He says they never shut it down and haven't been working on it a lot. Of course all the ads in the Democrat and Woods N Water saying the ramp has been closed has negatively affected JR's business, so you all head down if you get a chance.

JR says that anybody is free to call him if they want an up-to-the-minute report on the ramp.

- Steve Stinson
Last edited by Steve Stinson on January 29th, 2015, 11:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

appreciate that, Steve. they're some great people over there
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Sorry for the confusion. My post above had the wrong day of the week. My conversation with JR was yesterday 1/28. I have edited the post above.

Thanks and good fishing. I am in process of moving, so my fishing time has diminished. If any of you go, please post a report.
Bluewave

Post by Bluewave »

We went last weekend and the ramp was still open they had poured some pads to put down so not sure when they will get started.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Those slabs have been poured for a while now... I wish they'd hurry up!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image