Electronics question

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

AUTiger

Electronics question

Post by AUTiger »

I have just recently bought a 17ft Center Console HydraSport. It does not have any electronics, so I am looking to buy a GPS/Fishfinder combo. After reading many reviews from different sources, I think I am now more confused on what to buy than before reading the reviews. I will be using the boat mostly in fresh water, but will take it down a few times a year to hit the bays/harbors from Alligator Pt to Port St Joe. I am looking at spending only about 400 max. Do you guys have any recommendations on what to get or where to look at possible buying used or last year models?

Thank you
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Electronics question

Post by Salty Gator »

I saw a commercial for bps that had a lowrance elite 5 for $300. That is a good unit for the price. My buddy paid $500 for the unit last year
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

The new humminbird helix units are easiest to use and most value for your money.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Had the elite 5 did a good job went to the 7 for a bigger screen and sold the 5 2 years ago and its still going strong and the one I sold it to is still my friend
AUTiger

Post by AUTiger »

I went with the Lowrance Elite 5 HDI. It was on sale at Academy and Gander Mountain for 299.00

Thanks