In town on business, where to fish :)

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Re: In town on business, where to fish :)

Post by lordsfisher »

Ditto on the previous post. That point at the Fort is very deep and I would suspect it has fish all year. At the lighthouse at the mouth of the same river, if you've never been on oyster beds, read up on footwear. There's probably a post about wade fishing oyster bars. They can be razor sharp. I'd probably wear an old pair of boots. If I were in a hurry before dark, I'd get a bucket with an aerator. I'd stop by Jerry's Bait and Tackle or another bait shop and get lots of live shrimp. Then I'd learn how to rig them. Hope this helps.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
crappielimits

Post by crappielimits »

Get a kayak and fish Jackson. It's one of the hottest bass lakes around right now. The bream are huge too.
SeeRockCity

Post by SeeRockCity »

Great info, thanks everyone.

Missed the last couple of posts as I was with my boys at a scout camping event this weekend. Great fun.

Looks like ill be starting my gig this week and will probably start with Piney and hit up some local stores for additional info, but this thread has given me a great head start. Thanks to all.

Any suggestions on local shops? Looks like there's a bass pro there, but I'd rather support the local guys if possible.

Oh yeah, Lordfisher, how'd you do yesterday? :)
lordsfisher
Site Sponsor

Post by lordsfisher »

My buddy couldn't go until noon. We fished hard and went to some new areas trying to find clearer water -- but that didn't work for us. I caught 40" bonnethead shark on a live crab which was fun. Lost a nice redfish a few feet from the boat, and a few short fish. Overall a slow day, but the scenery was new and beautiful. Thanks for asking.

Local tackle shop, you can try Kevin's Sporting Goods. It's on Capital Circle NE, not far from where you said you are staying. They are a site sponsor.
"O LORD Almighty, blessed is the man who trusts in you." Psalm 84:12
bman

Post by bman »

Kevin's is the best local shop- Ask for Lynn, the fishing department manager.
He can put the right stuff in your hands.

A kayak would make a world of difference.
Jackson is great bass fishing!

Also at the coast St Marks Lighthouse flats, Wakulla Beach and off Shell Point all offer good kayak saltwater fishing for reds and trout.

With your handle I'm guessing your coming down from Chattanooga... my wife's aunt and uncle live on Lookout.
Pretty place!
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
SeeRockCity

Post by SeeRockCity »

bman wrote:Kevin's is the best local shop- Ask for Lynn, the fishing department manager.
He can put the right stuff in your hands.

A kayak would make a world of difference.
Jackson is great bass fishing!

Also at the coast St Marks Lighthouse flats, Wakulla Beach and off Shell Point all offer good kayak saltwater fishing for reds and trout.

With your handle I'm guessing your coming down from Chattanooga... my wife's aunt and uncle live on Lookout.
Pretty place!
Atlanta actually. Will definitely check out Kevin's. Thanks.