July 4th more scalloping.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

July 4th more scalloping.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

After doing so well yesterday we decided to get after them again today. But this time with a friend and his family in tow. They had never done it before and wanted to follow us out and learn the ropes. Image. The boats were stacked up in the canal ready to go out today. The weather was perfect and we decided to get an early start before the water got congested with all the boat traffic. Image. We went straight to where we went yesterday and set up. We spread the boats about 50 yards apart and got to scalloping. The scallops were there and thick. Even thought it was the 1st time for them they got there limit and we got ours in a couple hours. Image. So we rafted the boats together and got to cleaning. Image. Image. Seemed to take longer to clean them than get them but hey it's better than waiting till you get home. Lots of boats out and I did notice many running to close but we had a great day. Image. We got back to the ramp around 1:30 and it was busier than I thought it would be. Image. FWC guy was there checking folks and check us and our scallops. He was very cordial and professional. He checked the cooler and licenses and moved on. The next guy was not so lucky. They had 14 gallons of scallops confiscated and numerous violations. All in all the ramp moved smoothly and it was a great day with family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Re: July 4th more scalloping.

Post by MudDucker »

Awesome trip. You are giving me the itch bad!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

MudDucker wrote:Awesome trip. You are giving me the itch bad!
:-D Looks like it would be a good place for your scouts trip. :-D
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Hit-n-Miss wrote:
That's what I'm thinking too. They just got back from summer camp, so it might be a couple of weekends. From the looks of the boats, they may be gone by then. :o
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

MudDucker wrote:
Hit-n-Miss wrote:
That's what I'm thinking too. They just got back from summer camp, so it might be a couple of weekends. From the looks of the boats, they may be gone by then. :o
Most of the boats were in real shallow. If you go 5-7' there should be plenty. We went to the same exact spot 2 days in a row and you could not tell we got any of them. Still all over the bottom.