Shore bound so...

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Reel Sneaky

Shore bound so...

Post by Reel Sneaky »

Since we are shore bound until the boat is finished being built, thinking of giving a go to some shore bound fishing Thursday morning. Any clues on where to give it a go are more than welcomed. A quick look gave me the idea of the pier at Mashes Sands. Any input is SURELY appreciated!

Thank you,

RS
Can'tCatchAnything

Re: Shore bound so...

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

wakulla beach isn't a bad spot either.
Reel Sneaky

Post by Reel Sneaky »

Thank you!
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Reel Sneaky wrote:Since we are shore bound until the boat is finished being built, thinking of giving a go to some shore bound fishing Thursday morning. Any clues on where to give it a go are more than welcomed. A quick look gave me the idea of the pier at Mashes Sands. Any input is SURELY appreciated!

Thank you,

RS
Hold up hoss...We need to know what kinda boat your having built :-D Is there a web sight to check them out ? Spill da beans feller.
Can'tCatchAnything

Post by Can'tCatchAnything »

i wade fish from the beach at Mashes sands. Pier at bald point isn't bad at a high tide, otherwise it's wading from bald point. The floating dock In Ochlocknee Bay isn't bad, but go to the left about 200-300 yards and there's a 12 ft hole you pitch into; bring bug spray. Bottoms Road go way right about 300 yards and chuck into the channel; you'll see it's much deeper. In Carrabelle go past Timber island and take a left where that 2 Als place is and fish from that beach, get as close to the end of Carrabelle River as you can (east). The piers at SGI bridge are long, go all the way down and it should be about 10-12 ft of depth. Those are the places to go, but I've had more luck at Cbelle and SGI.
Now lemme get a ride on that boat when done? :wink:
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

GO TO THE LIGHTHOUSE AND FISH THE BAR THAT RUNS OUT FROM THE LIGHTHOUSE, I HAVE CAUGHT MANY TROUT AND REDS THERE IN THE PAST. HAVE NOT BEEN IN 3 YRS , I WOULD THINK THE FISHING WOULD STILL BE GOOD THERE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Reel Sneaky

Post by Reel Sneaky »

Gulf Coast wrote:
Reel Sneaky wrote:Since we are shore bound until the boat is finished being built, thinking of giving a go to some shore bound fishing Thursday morning. Any clues on where to give it a go are more than welcomed. A quick look gave me the idea of the pier at Mashes Sands. Any input is SURELY appreciated!

Thank you,

RS
Hold up hoss...We need to know what kinda boat your having built :-D Is there a web sight to check them out ? Spill da beans feller.
Here you go, still a good bit to go. She'll be in for final rigging in a couple of weeks and then to the electronics rigging which is going to be very very involved
as I am adding a ton of electronics.

Last edited by Reel Sneaky on July 28th, 2015, 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reel Sneaky

Post by Reel Sneaky »

Cairo and Futch, thanks for the information.

RS
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

The pics aren't coming up
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

That's sweet! Looks like a good riding, dry boat. Who's building it? :thumbup: :thumbup:
Last edited by slowroller on July 28th, 2015, 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
slowroller
Site Sponsor

Post by slowroller »

Double post.
Ifishtoo

Post by Ifishtoo »

Manufactured by _________________ ??

Full transom, with bracket. Refurbished, 8-20 degree deadrise hull? Nice rig, regardless.
Last edited by Ifishtoo on July 29th, 2015, 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FUTCHCAIRO

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

THAT LOOKS LIKE MY BOY'S (SAILFISH ) BOAT, GOOD TO SEE THAT EVINRUDE ON THE BACK, YOU KNOW YOU WILL GET BACK HOME WITH THAT ENGINE.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO