Memorial Day weekend fishing reports.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

All right I'm sure almost every member will hit the water at some point over the weekend. Let's make this site fun to visit again and flood it with fishing reports. That is why we liked this site in the first place. All the fishing reports, good info and no bull. I already posted mine from sat. I got my trout limit by my crew not so much. But that's why they call it fishing. Don't forget to say what color was best it helps others. We did not have one that really stood out. But white or white in it was best.
Image.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hit-n-Miss

Re: Memorial Day weekend fishing reports.

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Post em up let's see some pics.

Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Sorry, at home. Got back last Thursday, going back Friday. Wish I were there!
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

May hit the coast this coming week after the crowds thin, but only fishing this board member is going to do this holiday is a bit of pond fishing, Good Lord willing. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

big bend gyrene wrote:May hit the coast this coming week after the crowds thin, but only fishing this board member is going to do this holiday is a bit of pond fishing, Good Lord willing. :thumbup: :beer:
. We'll take a pond report.

ertauber

Post by ertauber »

Fished on Saturday with friends. Launched at Carabelle and headed for Dog Isl. Fished a shallow cove off sand beach about 4' water. Some used live shrimp and I used white Gulp shrimp under poppin' cork. Caught one mackeral,three keeper trout and some small rock bass. Moved over to Lanark and got the trout. Great day on the water followed by a wonderful fish fry and cold beer.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

ertauber wrote:Fished on Saturday with friends. Launched at Carabelle and headed for Dog Isl. Fished a shallow cove off sand beach about 4' water. Some used live shrimp and I used white Gulp shrimp under poppin' cork. Caught one mackeral,three keeper trout and some small rock bass. Moved over to Lanark and got the trout. Great day on the water followed by a wonderful fish fry and cold beer.
. Good deal. Keep em coming.

zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Went back out of Steinhatchee this morning and fished through the high tide, lots of smoke from a wildfire that I think got started from a lightning strike yesterday. We could see the flames from the channel looked like it was burning the marsh grass even, boat was covered with soot and ash at the dock and pretty smokey on the water. Went from Rocky Creek to Pepperfish from 3' - 6' picked up a dozen or so short trout 1 thick shouldered 18" trout that made the ride back to the hill and several small sea bass. Caught the trout on white and nuclear chicken.

Saw a FWC boat running the river on plane under lights and siren about 10:20 am and yelling at boats in the channel to get out of the way as there about 5 in a cluster right at the no wake sign, a little while later saw a USCG boat being trailered in, no idea what happened or if related but the FWC guys were sure in a hurry.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Caught this one from my dock out of the middle of the lily pads behind it...
IMG_0251.JPG
Had bites from a few bigger hogs but lost them to lily wrap-ups and head-shakes.

Highlight of the pond time was this sunset.
IMG_0264.JPG
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
kenfly

Post by kenfly »

Took the wife and kids to the flint with 3 other boats Sunday so no fishing for me but the bud lights bit pretty good, stainless yeti coozie was the color they liked lol, had my 18 yrs old wheel us back to the ramp ,this is my younger boy chase jumping off, and the sights were not bad there either

jdhcville

Post by jdhcville »

Fished Friday with my 11yr old son out of Shell Island on St Marks, bite was slow, 20 or so short trout, plenty of sail cats, couple of sharks, and my son had a ball catching pin fish. Good quality fish is always good but if he has fun its all worth it to me. Back home north of Atlanta now, looking forward to another trip to the Bend!
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

20160529_173606.jpg
The color of the spear shaft didn't seem to matter.
Swampcreek

Post by Swampcreek »

Snuck away from the crowds this weekend and went to silver lake wma on Seminole. Top water frogs is all they wanted that day.

xXLoneBowmanXx

Post by xXLoneBowmanXx »

Fished out of St. Mark's on Saturday afternoon with my wife and 4 year old, trying to catch the evening tide. Nothing chewing all day except a bunch of lousy sharks and a few short trout. Still a good time, just didn't get what we wanted.

NOAA reports are the reason I have trust issues.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Awesome reports !!