Tallahassee Man Catches STAR Tagged Red Fish

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Hollywood
Site Sponsor

Tallahassee Man Catches STAR Tagged Red Fish

Post by Hollywood »

***BREAKING NEWS*** Pending verification, we may have our first 2016 STAR Tagged Redfish Winner!!! Ralph Bevilacqua of Tallahassee called today to report his catch. He hooked the STAR tagged redfish using live bait while fishing the Ochlockonee River in Wakulla County. The catch is pending verification. Stay Tuned... It's not too late to register. That is 3 STAR Tagged Redfish in 3 days that have been caught... REGISTER TODAY @ WWW.CCAFLSTAR.COM
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Tallahassee Man Catches STAR Tagged Red Fish

Post by silverking »

Congrats. Hope the catch passes full muster. If so, the lucky angler will get the boat or truck of his choice. :thumbup:

Good to see someone local win! Thanks for sharing the news, Hollywood.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just checked out the STAR leaderboards and in the Conservation Division one Palmetto angler has 986 fish recorded. Wow. He must be power-chugging expresso between casts to log in that many fish this summer. Or maybe it's Jeb Bush registered under an alias since unfortunately he doesn't have much else to do lately.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

silverking wrote:Just checked out the STAR leaderboards and in the Conservation Division one Palmetto angler has 986 fish recorded. Wow. He must be power-chugging expresso between casts to log in that many fish this summer. Or maybe it's Jeb Bush registered under an alias since unfortunately he doesn't have much else to do lately.
That's in the neighborhood of a dozen fish a day, for 90 days. Incredible. In the conservation division, there is no min size limit, is there? I guess if that is true, most of those could be dinks. Either way, I'm pretty jealous of anyone that gets that much time on the water :thumbup:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Yep, any species of any size. But they still have to be photographed on the measuring sticker. He could have had some banner days of catching non-stop 12-inch trout or wads of ladyfish, but still that's a lot of fish. I don't even get to go that much for "research."

That's also why the Conservation Division is exempt from the random drawing for one of the remaining tagged redfish prizes. With TS Hermine/Ian or whatever it's going to be called approaching, the chances for Big Bend entries is slipping away.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I misread your op. I was thinking 986 redfish in the conservation division. There is no telling what he was catching. He will be over 1000 by this weekend . That's a lot of fish of any kind and lots of photos.
Sunday and Monday look doable. I got my right hand fillet open by a shar pei yesterday, so I'll be fishing lefty this weekend.
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

Wow, cant believe with this storm coming, I probably wont get anymore chances at one of those new boats, oh well there is always next year.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Salty Gator wrote: Sunday and Monday look doable. I got my right hand fillet open by a shar pei yesterday, so I'll be fishing lefty this weekend.
Ouch. Hazards of the job. Good luck if you go. I'm going to try to get out another time before the tourney ends. I muffed a photo of a qualifying trout and a untagged red doesn't count. Still hoping to get at least one chance in the random drawing entry. This is the second year in a row that I've entered yet haven't fished much due to my summer billfish tournament work schedule. Oh well, it's for a good cause. But I can always dream of claiming that Pathfinder to become a two-boat fleet owner. Would still be one behind Admiral Rocky though. :wink:
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Luc, Savannah, and i boated 20 slot reds in our last 2 outings, unfortunately, no tags. Trying to decide whether to fish the club tournament, or concentrate on catching a new boat, if we can get out.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Good luck. Hoping Hermine blows through quickly and the weekend is fishable.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Salty Gator wrote: I got my right hand fillet open by a shar pei yesterday, so I'll be fishing lefty this weekend.
Sorry to hear that brother. Hope it is just sore and no real damage. My worst bite ever was by a blind, deaf and old Cocker Spaniejust munched on my thumb. At least yours is more cool than mine.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

onefishtwofish wrote:
Salty Gator wrote: I got my right hand fillet open by a shar pei yesterday, so I'll be fishing lefty this weekend.
Sorry to hear that brother. Hope it is just sore and no real damage. My worst bite ever was by a blind, deaf and old Cocker Spaniejust munched on my thumb. At least yours is more cool than mine.
Thanks Doc, it is a bad one. Surprisingly not painful, but big and deep. Had to cancel a spay on Tuesday, but was able to scrub in for a small sx today. On augmentin, my main worry is that it will be sore for my week in Argentina next week.