SM refuge closer?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tailwaters

SM refuge closer?

Post by tailwaters »

To those who had planed on going to the refuge this weekend you might want to start thinking about option B. If this federal stop gap budget isn't passed today the place will be closed.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: SM refuge closer?

Post by silverking »

Gary Droze is in Washington right now, lobbying his butt off to get a bill passed. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

silverking wrote:Gary Droze is in Washington right now, lobbying his butt off to get a bill passed. :lol:
:lol:
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

You think that would keep me out of there? They can't bust me if they can't see me.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Someone might pull a Citizen's Arrest on a hard case like you. :wink:

At the very least, they'll have drones buzzing all over the place.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

In an email, Interior Department spokesman Heather Swift said:

"The American public and especially our veterans who come to our nation's capital should find war memorials and open-air parks open to the public. Additionally, many of our National Parks, refuges and other public lands will still try to allow limited access wherever possible. For example, this means that roads that have already been open should remain open (think snow removal) and vaulted toilets (wilderness type restrooms) should remain open, however services that require staffing and maintenance such as campgrounds, full-service restrooms, and concessions that require some Park staff or assistance will not be operating.

"Other areas such as culturally sensitive areas or backcountry areas that present a risk to visitors may also have restricted access."
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Perfect. I'll have my military veteran I.D. on me. Go USA!
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Chaos Reigns
J Holden

Post by J Holden »

During the last govt shutdown the Refuge was open, someone who isn't me may have taken advantage of the situation to ride their dual sport motorcycle down all the trails and dike roads there that normally are closed and patrolled by "The Man" to reach some fishing spots otherwise not accessible without many hours of hiking or biking...
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

No such mischief needed today. Gate was open, creeks filled with finger mullet, and brackish water largemouth bass hitting bait like they were auditioning for a TV fishing show. The Refuge pools are harboring many bass over 4lbs, and they fight as hard as reds of same weight. I got dunked trying to land one this morning while wading off the levee bank.
reelbad

Post by reelbad »

silverking wrote:Gary Droze is in Washington right now, lobbying his butt off to get a bill passed. :lol:
We all need to be in Washington right now demanding our military get their pay while the clowns are having their S---Show P-----G contest. This crap ain't funny.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

reelbad wrote:
We all need to be in Washington right now demanding our military get their pay while the clowns are having their S---Show P-----G contest. This crap ain't funny.
Fact is, the military just got paid on the 15th. And chances are the clowns in Washington will at least pass another kick-the-can bill to get them paid on the 30th when their next paycheck is due.

If I had my druthers every single member of Congress would be out of a job and the same goes for the POTUS.
Last edited by silverking on January 23rd, 2018, 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

silverking wrote:
reelbad wrote:

Did I p**s and accidentally soak your Cheerios, RB? Seems like every post I make you've got to harp on it?

Fact is, the military just got paid on the 15th. And chances are the clowns in Washington will at least pass another kick-the-can bill to get them paid on the 30th when their next paycheck is due.

If I had my druthers every single member of Congress would be out of a job and the same goes for Mr. Huuuge Brilliant Businessman Gone Bankrupt How Many Times He Wasn't Grabbing Women Too.

I agree with Congress, but Mr. Huge Hair is doing exactly what he was elected to do. Its a great day when I wake up and realize that suicide Hitlary ain't in the Whitehouse! How you could dislike the performance of the economy in just one year under Trump is baffling!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I rarely read Pitts, but in this case he's right on target.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commenta ... ear-later/

I'm registered as No Party Affiliation. Didn't vote for Hillary either. But I do wonder why this country can't come up with a real leader.

Time to start planning my next fishing trip.
Last edited by silverking on January 23rd, 2018, 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sun Daze

Post by Sun Daze »

silverking wrote:I rarely read Pitts, but in this case he's right on target.

https://www.sltrib.com/opinion/commenta ... ear-later/

I'm registered as No Party Affiliation. Didn't vote for the criminal Hillary either. But I do wonder why this country can't come up with a real leader instead of the draft-dodging, venomous carny hypnotist occupying the Oval Office right now. Yes, MD, there is more at stake than the economy, which was rapidly improving under the last POTUS, who was totally unqualified as well.

Time to start planning my next fishing trip. Right after I finish digging my bomb shelter. If there are any fish left after Trump, Scott, et al get done gutting all regulations in the name of jobs and the economy.
Seems like you're the one acting like someone pi**ed in your cheerios! Lots of vitriol from you directed at the president. The name calling is very unbecoming.... unless you're 12, which I know you're not!! Sad really!