Annual Boy Scout Scalloping Trip

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Annual Boy Scout Scalloping Trip

Post by MudDucker »

Since we found few scallops, this is more of a report on water conditions. Went out of Steinhatchee and ran north. Ran all the way to Piney Point and then out into a small bar where I found scallops 3 weekends ago. No Tango. The water from Steinhatchee is nearly black. The water in close is tea colored and in the outer area, there was so much stuff in the turbid waters that you couldn't see bottom more than 6" from it. Watched folks fishing and didn't see anything happening. Biologist at the ramp said it was a slow day all around. On well, the scouts had fun swimming and cutting up.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
FUTCHCAIRO

Re: Annual Boy Scout Scalloping Trip

Post by FUTCHCAIRO »

HEY M.D., AT LEAST YA MADE AN EFFORT AND TRIED, THOSE BOYS WILL NEVER FORGET THAT YOU MADE AN EFFORT TO GIVE THEM AN EXPERIENCE THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER FORGET. I KEEP HAVING SOME OF MY OLD SCOUTS CALL ME AND TELL ME ABOUT THE EXPERIENCES WE HAD, ESPECIALLY THE RAFT TRIP DOWN THE SUWAANEE RIVER, FROM U.S. 90 LAUNCH TO THE GULF OF MEXICO. KEEP IN THERE YOU CAN NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WILL INFLUENCE THOSE BOYS IN LATER LIFE,, CONGRATULATIONS.
PA
SEMPER FI
FUTCHCAIRO
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

Wow sorry conditions were so bad. Bet they still had fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Don't worry about the scallop success or lack thereof. We used to take our troop to Spring Creek just to let them to let them swim with the wildlife. The kids still talk about it even though we never had much fishing success.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

FUTCHCAIRO wrote:HEY M.D., AT LEAST YA MADE AN EFFORT AND TRIED, THOSE BOYS WILL NEVER FORGET THAT YOU MADE AN EFFORT TO GIVE THEM AN EXPERIENCE THEY WOULD HAVE NEVER FORGET. I KEEP HAVING SOME OF MY OLD SCOUTS CALL ME AND TELL ME ABOUT THE EXPERIENCES WE HAD, ESPECIALLY THE RAFT TRIP DOWN THE SUWAANEE RIVER, FROM U.S. 90 LAUNCH TO THE GULF OF MEXICO. KEEP IN THERE YOU CAN NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING WILL INFLUENCE THOSE BOYS IN LATER LIFE,, CONGRATULATIONS.
PA
SEMPER FI
PA, two guys did the same for me and my buds and I've never forgotten. It gets harder to get everything ready, but the thought that these kids might not otherwise see what life is like on the Gulf keeps me moving!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!