Anyone fishing?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Anyone fishing?

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:
Juan wrote:tomorrow :-D
today was tomorrow. :D .. fished out of Apalach . Water was stained and a lot of water Hyacinths and trash floating around the bay. Ended the day with 4 keeper speck trout, 8 white trout (Weakfish) and lots of small croakers and big sail cats.. Hung a BIG tripple tail under a clump of water hyacinths only to lose him when the braid wrapped around the rod tip.. :smt011 I HATE BRAID!!
That’s a good day buddy. I also lost a monster tt on Sunday. Jumped 6-7 times and spit the hook on the last. If my net man was worth a sh@t, it would have been in the box. It’s haunting me. Glad you got out and put some in n the box :beer:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

Anybody else have a report on the water clarity in St. Joe Bay? Was looking to make a trip there this weekend but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

BillytheKid wrote:Anybody else have a report on the water clarity in St. Joe Bay? Was looking to make a trip there this weekend but it's a 2 1/2 hour drive.
Gin clear :lol:
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Fished Sunday morning trying for STAR entries out of St. Marks. Got 2 trout to 18" in the shallows I fish, much to my surprise, then a 23" red, all on topwater, but really had to work for the double entries. At slack tide, the wind stopped as well (a pattern we've noticed) and man was it hot!
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Sad answer to your question is not this guy... way too much work, out-of-state visitors, and family obligations to make it to down to the coast much this year. :( :smt010
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Hey I'm from Monticello too!

This has been 1 lame summer. Luckily I was busy enough not to get to upset about the weather since it was in turn irrelevant. If I would have had the time to do my usual fishing boy I would have been pouting and crying. On top of that I have a new truck which I didn't want to tear up going to parts unknown to fish in nonflooded water.

I'm going tomorrow though, and filling my cooler with bream since it will be the last time I go until it gets cold enough for Speck fishing or some tidal creek fishing. Since it's monsooned just a few days a week lately instead of 7, I think I can go find some sinkholes that do well enough in high water.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

I *might* could have caught some sinkhole fish. They were a little higher than I thought but there were a few calm spots on the edges. The mosquitoes were INSANE though so I bolted to a creek on C-150 and caught 4 fat catfish. I also hung a bream on chicken livers but he got off. That's going to wrap it up for me until I get my pecans harvested. The catch is that that won't take to long this year. As soon after that that I hear about some cool weather saltwater fish coming in the river I'm going to try them or some Specks.