This weather sucks.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Srbenda

This weather sucks.

Post by Srbenda »

Really sucks.

That is all.
All photos copyright @saverymill
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: This weather sucks.

Post by silverking »

Beats the 8-foot-plus seas and 20 knot winds the remaining fleet fishing the Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic has endured the last couple of days.

Weighed a 137-pound yellowfin and a couple 30-ish wahoo last night. Scales close tonight at 5 pm and I know the teams will be glad to be back on terra firma for awhile.

If you want to read the tournament news blogs, go to www.mgcbc.com
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

We needed the rain, I just hope it’s not the beginning of the end like it was last year...the start of rain every day until September followed by 1 more burst in the form of a Cat 5.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

silverking wrote:Beats the 8-foot-plus seas and 20 knot winds the remaining fleet fishing the Mississippi Gulf Coast Billfish Classic has endured the last couple of days.

Weighed a 137-pound yellowfin and a couple 30-ish wahoo last night. Scales close tonight at 5 pm and I know the teams will be glad to be back on terra firma for awhile.

If you want to read the tournament news blogs, go to http://www.mgcbc.com
Count me out.
That seems like an immensely miserable time.

Did more than the 24 boats head out later?
All photos copyright @saverymill
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

Sucks for saltwater fishing, but we were in the midst of a full on drought and needed the rain something FIERCE, so I'm not going to curse it just quite yet (until/unless it ends up darkening the waters all summer long and don't think we're there just quite yet).

For the past month I was hauling water to over 20 five-gallon buckets with holes drilled near the bottom to water sapling fruit trees and also filling up a couple of rubber water pans to give the wildlife a few convenient watering holes. Long as the rain lets up in the next week and we avoid any massive gully-washers, I'll actually be thanking the Big Guy above. :thumbup: :beer:
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Srbenda wrote:Count me out.
That seems like an immensely miserable time.

Did more than the 24 boats head out later?
Official count was 25 but a couple stuck their bow out and came back. Weighed some impressive tuna, wahoo and dolphin this afternoon. Billfish releases still being verified. Heard of at least a couple big blue marlin that pulled the hooks.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

It wasn't that bad yesterday at SM. Put it at a little before 9am and fished till 12:30. Probable could have stayed longer but needed to get back home. Landed around 15 reds and a half dozen trout.
TomParis
Site Sponsor

Post by TomParis »

yeah I would say thats a great day fishing, I have been fishing around Saint Marks the last couple weekends and havent caught any Redfish, but have been catching trout at least.
1976 Seacraft 20' MA
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Count me in as a full blown complainer now lol sucks! The Aucilla is about 2 inches to high and the St Marks is just muddy enough from the afternoon showers. I’m sitting here twiddling my thumbs desperately trying to figure something to get into tomorrow besides bream fishing trip to Goose Pasture number 65,789. Been bass fishing there almost as many times. It’s my favorite place of them all but if I don’t mix it up a little etc etc etc.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Uh, I hope I don't regret this in two weeks if one of you catches the big red or trout I need for a tourney win on July 13, but what the hell...

Stoney Bayou is kicking out reds and trout pretty consistently right now, even with this crappy weather. Fishing mostly Stoney, I am at 59 catches in the first month of the CCA STAR tourney. Moving water is best, and although I hate using floats (Cajun Thunder, etc), when the wind is heavy and/or the water is muddy, it definitely helps attract fish, whether you have lures or bait under them.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

GaryDroze wrote:Uh, I hope I don't regret this in two weeks if one of you catches the big red or trout I need for a tourney win on July 13, but what the hell...
What tourney is on the 13th? I'm itching to cash another check [GRINNING FACE WITH SMILING EYES]

I'm headed out this morning to run the slalom between these storms

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
RED ZONE 48

Post by RED ZONE 48 »

IT WILL GET BETTER IN JULY AND AUGUST OR NOT .
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

“I am at 59 catches in the first month of the CCA STAR tourney. “

Gary, are your catches only in ‘open red fish division or are some in conservation division??
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

Well, right now working outside in SW Georgia I would say it’s hotter than a meth pipe on payday.
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I'm doing multiple divisions in CCA. Most of those catches are kayak & open seatrout/open red. Looking for one of those tagged reds!