TM help

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: TM help

Post by Juan »

I'm a tight wad. Made my trolling motor stabilizer out of a battery strap clamp and a strip of Velcro. Don't laugh, it works. :-D
Attachments
20190513_081451.jpg
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

If I remember correctly the shallowwatersolutions option with shipping was $45. But you still got me beat price-wise, Juan. :wink:

On a related note, I just ordered a new Machete III three-blade prop for my MG. Supposed to be quieter and less vibration. Will see. Going to file the blades on my old one and keep it for a spare.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Nopatients

Post by Nopatients »

I have the ram mount with the 72" shaft if the waves kicked up the trolling motor head can just about slap the deck, Like Steve mentioned earlier these aren't bullet proof and I wasn't waiting to see how mine fared. I do like the simplicity of the Velcro though!!
Robalo 246
Cast and Blast 17
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

I too use the Ram mount for the trolling motor head. I also went with a single 36volt lithium battery for the space savings. Charger takes care of both 36v and 12v house and starter batteries, all off Verado 250.

Haven't had any problems, and haven't run out of TM juice. I hate to use the term "game changer" but it certainly has changed the way we fish. We don't drift over spots anymore. We use the "hop" feature to dial in our location, takes the guess work out of currents versus wind. And I don't get sweaty pulling the anchor. Deploying the TM is easy, recovery could be easier but it is heads and shoulders above messing with an anchor.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

wally wrote:I also went with a single 36volt lithium battery for the space savings. Charger takes care of both 36v and 12v house and starter batteries, all off Verado 250.
How do you like that lithium so far? How long have you had it, and source locally?

I'm running a Deka batteries across the board, and while they have plenty of life left - I wouldn't mind eventually testing out the lithium products for, as you put it, the space savings.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
wally
Site Sponsor

Post by wally »

FishWithChris wrote:
How do you like that lithium so far? How long have you had it, and source locally?

I'm running a Deka batteries across the board, and while they have plenty of life left - I wouldn't mind eventually testing out the lithium products for, as you put it, the space savings.
So far no complaints. I've had it for a year, ordered it from LithiumPro. I couldn't fit 3 more batteries in the console, and I didn't want to give up the space in the bow storage. The single lithium battery just fit in the console. I use it for "anchoring" while bottom fishing. The run in and out has kept all of the batteries (start, house, and TM) fully charged.
geofish

Post by geofish »

What onboard charger do you recommend? I have a 24 volt 2 battery system up front with my terrova, but I've kept it isolated from the 12 volt system connected to my 200 hp Suzuki. I'd love to recharge while running offshore.