report 20-24 SGI

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

akasephiroth

report 20-24 SGI

Post by akasephiroth »

Well im back from one hell of a fishing trip, no matter where i went something was biting. so here's the break down.

Day 1
before checking in to our hotel on the island decided to stop in eastpoint under the apalachicola bridge thats where i cought 22 inch red few croker and a few silver trout.

Day 2
Did some surf fishing cought about a dozen silver trout 10-15 whitings, a bearlly legel flounder, a pompono (yes suprised me too for this time of year) also cought some horse-eye jack's (keep for shark bait :) ). Later that night took my jacks out to the beach hoping for a nice shark maybe was out there maybe 30 min when i hooked the big one!!!... No more then 30 foot out right off the beach behind the buccaneers inn hooked on to something while using a butterflyed jack after fighting it for about 20 min i ran out of line in the real for it to pull drag out and snap, rest of the night i cought catfish, catfish, catfish and oh yeah catfish...

Day 3
decided to hit up the super secret spot (ty agian dukesfin) cought a few nice size croker here, 2 reds that where too small, a sea trout that was too small and a sting ray (thats when it became time to go hate them things). After this hit up the SGI bridge, few people where catching flounder here and there but all i got was more croker and a few good size pin fish (more fish bait). Hit the beach agian after the sun went down (really wanted a 2nd shot at big boy) butterflyed a pin fish, about 2hrs in something started playing with it, after 5-10min of playing around he finally took it, after a 15 min fight i was disapointed to find a 10-15 lb sailcat...called it quits after that.

Day 4 Final day best and worse day.
Since we did pretty good under the apalachicola bridge on the first day thats where we headed back too and man was i glad, casted out my cast net to get a few live fingure mullet i seen running pulled up a sheephead but too small :( but fingure mullet in hand head out with my pole and no more then 10 min cought a nice 21 inch spotted trout wife cought a lot of pig fish anywhere from a few inches to 12-15 inches cought a few more croker another too small red, and then back to back to back 3x spotted trout 14, 16, and 16 inches. Ended up with about 2 dozen pigfish each well over hand size. Now for the worse of the day, otw back to the hotal to try some late afternoon whiting on the beach stoped off at the cast spots along the side of the road right before the bridge, seen something huge roll so i picked up a pinfish and a pole (couldnt reach it with cast net) few min and i had a huge trout, however i never got him in snaped my line if it wasnt for this jumping beast would never knew what it was. Not long after breaking off my line i seen mullet running grabed my cast net, first cast 2x mullet, 2nd cast nothing, 3rd cast hooked something on the bottom with net and when i went to pull the net not expecting to be hung up loss my blance and went into the water ontop of a oyster bed bearfooted sad to say also lost cast net there too.

to sum it all up we ended up with 18 silver trout, 21 pig fish, 22 croker, 3 keeper spotted trout, 1 flounder, 1 keeper red, 2 mullet, 1 pompano and 9 whiting

Here's the trout and the red only real pics of the fish we took.
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Re: report 20-24 SGI

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

Nice report. Sounds like a good time.
Jumptrout51
Site Sponsor

Re: report 20-24 SGI

Post by Jumptrout51 »

:thumbup:
WHOSE FISH IS IT?