2017 Flats Pro Seminars--SOLD OUT

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

silverking
Site Sponsor

2017 Flats Pro Seminars--SOLD OUT

Post by silverking »

FLATS PRO SEMINARS

The 2017 Flats Pro Seminar on Saturday, February 11 (Sold out) or Sunday, February 12, 2017 (Sold out), at Shields Marina in St. Marks are full. This comprehensive one-day course (pick either day) will feature instruction on when, where and how to fish the flats of Apalachee Bay and the Forgotten Coast. Topics will include knots, tackle, lures, baits, tides and lunar phases, navigation, flats etiquette, boat and trailer rigging and other subjects to help anglers catch more redfish, trout, flounder and other inshore game fish. Captains Dave Lear and Chuck Simpson will be the primary instructors, along with Brett Shields. Lunch and goody bag with lures, hooks, charts and other valuable information ($25 value) is included with admission. More than $1,200 in door prizes, including Shimano spinning reels, tackle and other outdoor gear, will also be awarded.

Gift certificates are also available for the anglers on your holiday shopping list.

WHEN: SATURDAY, FEBRUARY 11 SOLD OUT or SUNDAY, FEBRUARY 12, 2017 SOLD OUT
9:00 a.m to 3:30 p.m
WHERE: SHIELDS MARINA SHIP’S STORE, ST. MARKS, FL
COST: $85 (Seating is limited; advance registration required)
Junior Anglers (12-16) $25 when accompanied by an adult
Last edited by silverking on January 9th, 2017, 1:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
KLONG
Site Sponsor

Re: 2017 Flats Pro Seminars

Post by KLONG »

I highly recommend attending if you are thnking about it. Went two years ago and was very pleased with the content of the siminar. I have fished the flats for years and picked up a lot of new info. that I did not know. Capt. Dave, Chuck, and Brett do a outstanding job. Pick your day early because it will fill up quickly.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Thanks for the testimonial, Klong. I guess we're doing OK because we've had several folks attend multiple times and we always add some new wrinkles every year.

I can mail out nice certificates too, if you're looking for gift ideas for relatives, friends or business associates.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
homboyfsu

Post by homboyfsu »

How do we know if we are getting the Saturday or Sunday Seminars?
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just sent you an email. Your choice.

Both days currently have plenty of available seats. Saturday typically fills up first, but we've sold out every year since we started. We can't accommodate walk-ups due to the meal orders.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Was just sorting through the bags of goodies for my annual Toys for Tots tackle boxes and realized what a stash of loot we're gonna have for the daily seminar giveaways.

Including the usual like a Shimano Sahara 3000 spinning reel each day, we have COSTA polarized sunglasses, stainless steel tumblers from ORCA, DOA and Aqua Dream Lure Kits, technical fishing clothing, lures, art and other gear. Every attendee also receives an angler bag chocked full of lures and stuff, plus we feed you lunch.

Registration has been steady and we expect another sell-out. If you would like to sign someone up for a holiday gift, certificates can be mailed if the registration is completed by 12/21.
Last edited by silverking on December 15th, 2016, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Dr. Guy Harvey just confirmed he'll be sending a couple limited edition prints for the daily door prize giveaways. There will also be tons of other stuff heading home with attendees in addition to the loaded angler bags.

The window is still open for mailed gift certificates if the registration is completed by 12/21. Seats are still available for both days (identical sessions), but as usual the Saturday class is filling up first.
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

Dropped a big hint (with link) at my house for Christmas.

Hope my wife takes the hint and signs me up for this (as a Christmas present). Seems like something I'd really enjoy.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Well, hopefully Santa was listening.

We only have two seats left for the 2/11 class. Still plenty of availability for Sunday but I expect it to fill up quickly now that Saturday is almost full.

Mail is slow, although if registration is completed by Wednesday gift certificates should arrive by Christmas Eve for the anglers on your shopping list.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

The Saturday seminar is completely full. There is still availability for the Sunday session but it is expected to sell out as well. So if you or someone you know wants to attend I'd recommend signing up soon.

Thanks and we look forward to seeing everyone there.
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

Santa was listening.

Look forward to seeing you for the Saturday session. :thumbup:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Had to chuckle about your post since I had already sent the gift certificate. :wink:

Look forward to seeing you in February.
Bubba_1122

Post by Bubba_1122 »

Looking forward to the fish lip stretching class. :thumbup:
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Happy New Year! Less than 10 seats left for Sunday session before a complete sell-out, so register now if you want a spot.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Only one adult seat left for the Sunday session. Could also accommodate one more junior angler (12-16) if accompanied by an adult. Saturday session is completely sold out.