If you're looking for trout/clear water

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: If you're looking for trout/clear water

Post by procraftwes »

So alot of chatter about dirty water.

Any of you dopes read the post? :-D
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Not sure exactly what that last post meant, but this dope found water clearing up late yesterday at the Refuge. At the risk of hanking off my creek pals who don't like to reveal specifics: start of incoming tide clean water at Horns Creek yesterday evening gave up a 23" redfish at 8pm on a freelined tiger minnow. You're welcome!
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

The old tiger minnow. I'll be back prowling around tomorrow, haven't been since the rain beat me down Monday. Looks like Aucilla tomorrow, St Marks Sunday and Keaton on Monday. Going to cover some ground.

*edit looks like I'll be at st marks for 3 straight days starting tomorrow then Keaton Monday. Gotta give the people what they want.
hardhead

Post by hardhead »

Hey apalach, I'll be there tomorrow and sat as well. Trying to put the inlaws on some fish. What ya floating and if I see ya I'll holler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

hardhead wrote:Hey apalach, I'll be there tomorrow and sat as well. Trying to put the inlaws on some fish. What ya floating and if I see ya I'll holler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
A big white polar skiff that says Apalachee Inshore Charters on the side. Holler if you see me. Tomorrow I'm just pre fishing with a couple buddies but Saturday and Sunday I have clients.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

GaryDroze wrote:Not sure exactly what that last post meant, but this dope found water clearing up late yesterday at the Refuge. At the risk of hanking off my creek pals who don't like to reveal specifics: start of incoming tide clean water at Horns Creek yesterday evening gave up a 23" redfish at 8pm on a freelined tiger minnow. You're welcome!

There were many people saying they couldn't find clear water but didn't see anyone talk about heading to the shoals.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

procraftwes wrote:
GaryDroze wrote:Not sure exactly what that last post meant, but this dope found water clearing up late yesterday at the Refuge. At the risk of hanking off my creek pals who don't like to reveal specifics: start of incoming tide clean water at Horns Creek yesterday evening gave up a 23" redfish at 8pm on a freelined tiger minnow. You're welcome!

There were many people saying they couldn't find clear water but didn't see anyone talk about heading to the shoals.
Dude, are you lonely out there? You must want company. Best way to ruin a good spot to post it on the internet.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

I harbor no secrets about my favorite spots. Mostly cuz they produce best on low outgoing tides that require hump-busting work to access, so kudos to all who make the effort. During this particular summer, every wadefish outing has been a heat stroke fandango...

...which still beats sitting at home, piddling away comfy, lazy air-conditioned minutes, watching brain-dead TV. Life is short. Go fishing.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

GaryDroze wrote:I harbor no secrets about my favorite spots. Mostly cuz they produce best on low outgoing tides that require hump-busting work to access, so kudos to all who make the effort. During this particular summer, every wadefish outing has been a heat stroke fandango...

...which still beats sitting at home, piddling away comfy, lazy air-conditioned minutes, watching brain-dead TV. Life is short. Go fishing.
Sorry Gary, my comment was directed at the op. We know you are overly generous with ( very solid) info, and no one dares
follow you.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Salty Gator wrote:
procraftwes wrote:

Dude, are you lonely out there? You must want company. Best way to ruin a good spot to post it on the internet.

A well documented shoal with grass that's known to hold fish is hardly news to the internet. I'm lazy and I know about it.

Calling it a "spot" or claiming it as one would be silly.

Informing people about how clear the water can be there is just information.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

procraftwes wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
procraftwes wrote:

A well documented shoal with grass that's known to hold fish is hardly news to the internet. I'm lazy and I know about it.

Calling it a "spot" or claiming it as one would be silly.

Informing people about how clear the water can be there is just information.
Not sure what constitutes a spot in your book. Your very kind for informing everyone that there's is clear water at the shoals. Maybe more people come enjoy it. Thank you.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

What is the forum for if its not to share information. If anyone wants to just share their life they can do that on facebook. I, for one want to thank everyone for all the valuable info that is shared on here. It really helps in knowing all conditions involved in planning a fishing trip.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Pirate wrote:What is the forum for if its not to share information. If anyone wants to just share their life they can do that on facebook. I, for one want to thank everyone for all the valuable info that is shared on here. It really helps in knowing all conditions involved in planning a fishing trip.
Good question. What is this forum for?

Some folks are newbs or new to the area and they pour over the forum looking for tips, locations, conditions, just about anything they can use to learn.

Some folks are old hands (Like SG) who are here for entertainment and the occasional info tidbit they might pick up on.

Some folks like to show off dead fish, some never post, some ask the same questions over and over again. (whats the water temp, where are the scallops, trout, catfish, etc)

In my very humble opinion the folks who really know how, when, and where to fish cringe at the thought of posting location specific info on the internet, and don't approve of others doing so. Nothing ruins a good fishing hole, bank, cove, creek, or spot like 3 other boats already sitting there. :smt009

Again...just my personal observation. Others will vary greatly.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Right on Rockyg, I for one never fish any further east than the East end of SGI. There is very little info on here about the areas I fish. I read all the excellent reports on St Marks, Keaton, Econfina, and all the other areas east of me. I try to apply the info to my area as best I can. I share info when someone ask about the areas I'm familiar with. I don't give them exact locations because I don't fish specific locations. I fish areas like most people. I think the only secret people don't share is to tell people to get on the water more, learn the area better, learn the fish patterns better and then learn from their new found experience. If a person doesn't want to share info that's fine. If someone does share that should be ok too. Fish on!
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!