cobia-looza

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

cobia-looza

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thursday morning my good friend and outside counsel, Phillip, had an early hearing in state court that we anticipated wouldn't take long. I arranged to park my truck/boat in a nearby law firm beforehand, and after a brief hearing that resulted in a summary judgment, we were headed to St. Marks to celebrate. Phillip dives more than he fishes, so I knew grinding out a topwater afternoon wouldn't be his cup of tea. Instead, the boat was loaded with heavy gear and were off to chase cobia. I don't know much about near-shore fishing, but I knew the experience would be more enjoyable than an aluminum boat with no radio. Bait came easily outside of the channel and we pointed south in flat seas. Only two bites in the next couple hours, but they were both keeper cobia. The longest fish was 43". Finished off a great day with blackened cobia and a bottle of wine for dinner. Only bad part of the day was a busted Terez...

After seeing the pics, my buddy Joe realized he had "missed the boat" by not accepting our Thursday invitation. He decided we should chase more fish Saturday, but on his Everglades out of Carrabelle. Same result, cobia were hungry. We picked up some snapper and an extra grouper on the way back. Sure is great to live in this section of the coast.

In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: cobia-looza

Post by Juan »

Sounds like an awesome trip... wish I could see the pictures.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

You have to pay to play with photobuckey now Brian. Glad y'all got on em. This has been a banner cobia year for sure. Smoking some tail meat for dip now.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

hmmmm. not sure I'm interested in paying Photobucket. That website is a bit of a cluster, but it is how I started posting. Other options?
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

SHOWBOAT wrote:hmmmm. not sure I'm interested in paying Photobucket. That website is a bit of a cluster, but it is how I started posting. Other options?
I haven't come up with anything yet. Deleted my PB account. Redownloaded the dreaded Tapatalk and hate it. So I'm also looking for another option
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Salty Gator wrote:
SHOWBOAT wrote:hmmmm. not sure I'm interested in paying Photobucket. That website is a bit of a cluster, but it is how I started posting. Other options?
I haven't come up with anything yet. Deleted my PB account. Redownloaded the dreaded Tapatalk and hate it. So I'm also looking for another option
I've started using Shutterfly https://www.shutterfly.com/ I like it. It's easy and fast. Now if I can just find a way to retrieve all my photos from Photobucket. It let me transfer some but not all. They'll holding my photos hostage and I refuse to pay the ransom. :smt011
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice job on the ling, SB. Scrappy fish and delicious.

Fairly easy to post photos on this site (and others) if you're a site sponsor. The tutorial in the announcements section only deals with PB though.

I had a FlickR account but deleted it after the massive breach at Yahoo (parent company).
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

silverking wrote:Nice job on the ling, SB. Scrappy fish and delicious.

Fairly easy to post photos on this site (and others) if you're a site sponsor. The tutorial in the announcements section only deals with PB though.

I had a FlickR account but deleted it after the massive breach at Yahoo (parent company).
how does being a site sponsor make things easier? Do I not have to use a third party?
big bend gyrene

Post by big bend gyrene »

You can upload directly if a site sponsor. If you're already a site sponsor when you're typing up your post below the main text box look for tabs showing "options" and then just to the right of the "options" tab an "upload attachment" tab. Use the upload attachment tab to upload the pic, and then you'll have the option of placing it inline at the point you want in the report.

I followed the photobucket links to your actual photobucket site and see you had an awesome day! Congrats! :thumbup: :beer:
Last edited by big bend gyrene on August 15th, 2017, 1:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

If you have the options of uploading the pics I'll let you edit the original post and play with the option to learn. If don't see the option, sure Bman can help or just respond back and I'll gladly pull from photobucket and load them for you, though since I'm not an admin I can't do it in your original post / would have to do in a reply. Photobucket had gotten so ad crazy it barely would run on any computer I own, so almost a relief to see it go though I hate that many forums I follow now have broken links ALL throughout them and in useful older posts.
"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank GOD for the United States Marine Corps." Eleanor Roosevelt, 1945
big bend gyrene

Showboat, see that your avatar doesn't yet list you as a site-sponsor so going ahead and uploading a screen grab of the photos.

Wish I could share the larger images but stupid photobucket isn't letting me even open them now but instead just shows your index page... nonetheless, the screen grab does the job in showing y'all had great trips!
Cobia Trip Picture.jpg
SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Thanks BBG!

When y'all say site-sponsor, are you talking $350? That is a bit steep to post pics (I don't have a brand/company to advertise). Is there a less expensive sponsorship that doesn't advertise and just makes posting easy? if not, I guess I'll figure out one of the other hosting services...
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Sent you an email, SB.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
niceShoot

Post by niceShoot »

Why not just post images somewhere like Imgur then embed them here?
bigphishy

Post by bigphishy »

nice fish showboat. glad to see you back on the water :thumbup: :beer: