Louisiana inshore

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

wishin2bfishin

Louisiana inshore

Post by wishin2bfishin »

Thinking about doing a LA inshore trip. Have any of you been? Is it worth the trip? Limits are phenomenal compared to ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CalGarretson

Re: Louisiana inshore

Post by CalGarretson »

I have been at least once the last few years. We go out of Delacroix in September and do a cast and blast during early teal season. Actually leaving next Wednesday for 3 days.

It is awesome redfishing over there and the later in the year you go the better the trout fishing is. I highly recommend it.

Doing a new trip in October and going out to the Chandeleur Islands for 3 days that I am very much looking forward to.
JIm Smith
Site Sponsor

Post by JIm Smith »

Everyone who likes to redfish should go! did it once been back 3 more times
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Have fished and written about all three of these operations. Excellent guides and great fishing.

http://www.neworleansfishing.com

http://www.therapycharters.net

http://www.cajunfishingadventures.com
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
fishfalcon

Post by fishfalcon »

Absolutely awesome fishing. Have posted reports from both our blast and cast in January and our yearly family trip in May. we fish with Captain Patrick Dickinson of Dixie Riverside Charters and hunt with Jacque Blaize of Blaize Charters. Cannot say enough good things about either one of them. 14 weeks and counting until our blast and cast...
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Fair warning, an inshore trip to Louisiana will spoil you!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

Got it lined up for a 2 day trip to Venice in October.

wishin2bfishin

Post by wishin2bfishin »

I wonder why they can sustain a 25 fish limit per person and we can't sustain 5. Just wondering out loud.

Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

wishin2bfishin wrote:I wonder why they can sustain a 25 fish limit per person and we can't sustain 5. Just wondering out loud.

Have you ever been there ? You'll see a hundred boat trailers at ramp and then maybe see one boat in the marsh all day...from my experiences... it's a very large habitat/nursery
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

yes sir, we go to Delacroix every year in April. we've never used a guide and have always had a blast. limiting out over there isn't an issue. it's all marsh land with clean mud bottom so no worries on smashing your boat with a wrong turn. the locals are very helpful and won't mind telling you which lakes are best during that time either. it's one of the best time's you'll have. we go with a group of about 8-9 guys. renting a house there for 5-6 days normally cost us 120 a person. it's really not that expensive. easy drive west on I-10. I don't think you can take a trip anywhere else for the amount of money and have the time you're going to have there!
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

As to the question of limits, someone told me it was also due to the fact that there is so much area that is almost completely unaccessable (if that's even a word) other than to airboats.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

wishin2bfishin wrote:I wonder why they can sustain a 25 fish limit per person and we can't sustain 5. Just wondering out loud.

Much more habitat,,, much less pressure
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
fishdux

Post by fishdux »

I second Delecroix. Capt. Jack and the whole crew at sweetwater will point you in the right direction and also have guides and housing available. I've been using his ramp since the day he opened and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

not only is it 25 per person but they also only have to be 12 inches. never fished for trout over there on purpose. if I'm going to travel 6-7 hours I want something to stretch my line! and yes so much water that the average fisherman can't get into.
CalGarretson

Post by CalGarretson »

fishdux wrote:I second Delecroix. Capt. Jack and the whole crew at sweetwater will point you in the right direction and also have guides and housing available. I've been using his ramp since the day he opened and wouldn't dream of going anywhere else.

This is exactly where we stay. I would recommend this to anyone, it is especially nice relative to Venice since it is on the east side saving over an hour of drive time each way.