Offshore Charter

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Sun Daze

Offshore Charter

Post by Sun Daze »

My nephew is in town for some leave from the Air Force and he's been wanting to do some offshore fishing before he ships out to Turkey for 15 months. I'm not an offshore guy at all and need some recommendations for an offshore charter. Anywhere from St. Marks to Apalachicola will be fine. Thanks for any help!!
reelbad

Re: Offshore Charter

Post by reelbad »

Sun Daze wrote:My nephew is in town for some leave from the Air Force and he's been wanting to do some offshore fishing before he ships out to Turkey for 15 months. I'm not an offshore guy at all and need some recommendations for an offshore charter. Anywhere from St. Marks to Apalachicola will be fine. Thanks for any help!!
Southbound Charters, Port St. Joe.
bman

Post by bman »

Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Capt. Steve Hobbs with Skeeterbite Charters is a member of this forum. He put myself and a friend on a boat load of snapper just before the season closed. We actually caught more than our limit and released a lot of fish, then ended up back near shore around 10:00 am.
Steve fishes a 23' Skeeter bay boat, so he can do inshore fishing if your day ends up questionable weather. He runs out of St. Marks.

- Steve Stinson
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Steve Stinson wrote:Capt. Steve Hobbs with Skeeterbite Charters is a member of this forum. He put myself and a friend on a boat load of snapper just before the season closed. We actually caught more than our limit and released a lot of fish, then ended up back near shore around 10:00 am.
Steve fishes a 23' Skeeter bay boat, so he can do inshore fishing if your day ends up questionable weather. He runs out of St. Marks.

- Steve Stinson
I'm sure Mr Hobbs is a fantastic guide, but a limit of snapper and a few releases at the end of the season doesn't say much. The way the snapper were piled up during the season, anyone could go catch all they wanted. If he wasn't able to put y'all on grouper, I'd probably go with a dedicated offshore guide.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
bman

Post by bman »

Salty Gator wrote: I'm sure Mr Hobbs is a fantastic guide, but a limit of snapper and a few releases at the end of the season doesn't say much. The way the snapper were piled up during the season, anyone could go catch all they wanted. If he wasn't able to put y'all on grouper, I'd probably go with a dedicated offshore guide.

DUDE- you know not of what you speak.

Capt Hobbs is one of the best fishermen I know. Had they said inshore he would have been my first suggestion.
That being said - he can put you on Kings, Cobia snapper and grouper.
And I can promise you will have a good time and he is a good man....
Barry Bevis, Realtor and Owner of BigBendFishing.net
I liked it so much, I bought the company ;-)

http://www.bevisrealty.com
TEAM "Duck Season!"
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

bman wrote:
Salty Gator wrote: I'm sure Mr Hobbs is a fantastic guide, but a limit of snapper and a few releases at the end of the season doesn't say much. The way the snapper were piled up during the season, anyone could go catch all they wanted. If he wasn't able to put y'all on grouper, I'd probably go with a dedicated offshore guide.

DUDE- you know not of what you speak.

Capt Hobbs is one of the best fishermen I know. Had they said inshore he would have been my first suggestion.
That being said - he can put you on Kings, Cobia snapper and grouper.
And I can promise you will have a good time and he is a good man....
I'm not saying he's not a great fisherman or guide or person, just saying a boat load of snapper at the end of the season isn't anything special. Please don't take this the wrong way
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven