trout and flounder

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

hairface

trout and flounder

Post by hairface »

Coming down on 11/02 any suggesting for trout and flounder think its full moon water still in 80s
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: trout and flounder

Post by Salty Gator »

If the wind will cooperate, the water should cool down a little before then. Where do you plan to fish?
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
hairface

Post by hairface »

Lanark and dog island maybe dog island reef if possiable or anywhere close to carrebell
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

Water temp was 74 last Sunday out of Econfina. Trout were in about 3-4 feet of water, reds along the shoreline, and did not catch any flounder until we went out deeper (over 10 feet).
hairface

Post by hairface »

still coming down Thursday 11-2hows the trout and flounder bite going know how deep flounder dslayer2 talked about sand trout inside of dog island anybody know if they still around any help appreciated
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I hope they bite better for you than they did for me today. Beautiful day, light winds and decent tides and fished 6 hrs. to scrape up a mess of small trout for dinner. :cry: They just didn't bite good. And no whiting, don't know where they were today. :roll:
Yours in the South
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

DixieReb where did you fish?
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Redbelly, I was fishing from the pier behind Crum's store in Panacea. I usually do much better, yesterday was just weird. There was a lot of bait in the bay, you could smell it and the birds were having a feast on them. They should have bit. :-? Water did look stained, I'm wondering if that had something to do with it.
Yours in the South
hairface

Post by hairface »

anybody sell live shrimp in carrabell if not where would be the closes place
bbb

trout and flounder

Post by bbb »

hairface wrote:anybody sell live shrimp in carrabell if not where would be the closes place
There was a bait and tackle store across from the gas station/subway store that sold them.

C Quarters may have some.

Millinders seafood has fresh dead.

I stopped using live shrimp. Too expensive. For flounder you need to cast net mud minnows up in the shallows.
hairface

Post by hairface »

just got home fish friday caught sand trout 5 keeper specs few blackies13in. planned to go of shore sat morning axle on trailer broke while turning around at motel best possible place it could have happened we was being looked after searched for axel friendly people at 3 brothers gave us coastal axle number they made me axle sat day we changed it in parking lot and was on water by 4 caught 2 keeper trout and 45 sand trout before dark
Thanks to everybody for info and the ones that help me when in need
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Sounds like you did good! Glad you got the trailer fixed also. Where did you fish from?
Yours in the South
hairface

Post by hairface »

Lanark and dog island
Rogan
Site Sponsor

Post by Rogan »

hairface wrote:just got home fish friday caught sand trout 5 keeper specs few blackies13in. planned to go of shore sat morning axle on trailer broke while turning around at motel best possible place it could have happened we was being looked after searched for axel friendly people at 3 brothers gave us coastal axle number they made me axle sat day we changed it in parking lot and was on water by 4 caught 2 keeper trout and 45 sand trout before dark
Thanks to everybody for info and the ones that help me when in need
:thumbup: minus the broken axle. Tandem trailer is your friend! Coastal Trailer and Hitch do good work.
"No, I dont remember where I last had it, if I knew I'd go get it" ...