Yozuri hard jerk shrimp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

redbelly7

Yozuri hard jerk shrimp

Post by redbelly7 »

Anyone have any luck using the Yozuri hard bait shrimp? It looks good, but a little expensive...
Pirate

Re: Yozuri hard jerk shrimp

Post by Pirate »

Yes, My son bought one last summer. It was expensive but he has caught several big trout with it. Just have to hold your breath when the Spanish get after it. So far so good.
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I bought several of the 3-D shrimp in various colors a while back.. Tried them on trout and tripletail and I don't think I ever caught a fish. I put them in the category of lures that are designed to catch fishermen and not fish.
Here's a link to where I bought mine.. they still have a few and they're on sale for $3.99 (regular price $13.99) but personally, I don't think they're worth the $3.99
http://www.fishingtackleoutlet.net/yo_z ... /yo3hc.htm
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Thanks Juan, We are gonna get a few more tomorrow. I think he paid around $10 for his. For $3.99 I will definitely get several more. He added a small bullet weight to his and in the one trip he used it he caught three 22" plus trout. It didn't catch any short ones though.
blackshear

Post by blackshear »

Pirate wrote:Thanks Juan, We are gonna get a few more tomorrow. I think he paid around $10 for his. For $3.99 I will definitely get several more. He added a small bullet weight to his and in the one trip he used it he caught three 22" plus trout. It didn't catch any short ones though.
What is the best way to work this plug and how deep of water should it be fished?
Pathfinder 1806
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

blackshear wrote:
Pirate wrote:Thanks Juan, We are gonna get a few more tomorrow. I think he paid around $10 for his. For $3.99 I will definitely get several more. He added a small bullet weight to his and in the one trip he used it he caught three 22" plus trout. It didn't catch any short ones though.
What is the best way to work this plug and how deep of water should it be fished?
They didn't produce for me so I haven't thrown one in a long time but they do look good and I probably should try them again. They are a slow sinking lure and I think they pretty much maintained their depth on retrieve. I fished them like a bass crank bait. I bet you could throw a silver or gold one near some of those cypress stumps in lake Blackshear and catch largemouth.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Yes, agree , they are slow inking, more like a mirrorlure catch 2000. With this action they might be a good winter bait with slow action. My son added the small bullet weight to make it more like a jigs action. It could be fished under a popping cork if you wanted. We fished it in 4 or 5 feet of water in the area he caught the good fish on it but it should work well in any depth.