New Regulations on limits

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

mpa_72001

Re: New Regulations on limits

Post by mpa_72001 »

I agree with closing February again like it used to be also.
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Drop to 14". I threw back a lot of nice fat 14" trout yesterday. Closing February is ok with me. Leave our river/creek fishing alone!
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

fishdux wrote:
leonreno wrote:
Redbelly wrote:I think trying a lower limit and increase the minimum. 4 trout is plenty for a meal. Heck 2 trout is plenty for me just like 1 red is.

Close 2 months, Jan and Feb. When they are stacked up in the rivers don't allow the harvest, or reduce it to 2, something.....
4 or two maybe enough for you, but you are not everyone else. If you have a family of 4 or 5, you might need 5 fish for a meal.
Or if you only make it down a few times a year to stock your freezer.
Problem is limits are the same for people that want to stock the freezer are the same as the guys that go every day and feel they have to have a 3 man limit and be back at the dock by 11:30 ( and a bunch go back out when they empty their cooler. So many feel they aren't ever going to catch a fish again and have to keep every keeper as if it were their last. I don't fish for slot trout, but I'd like their to be a healthy sustainable population for the cork poppers and plenty of big gators for plug slingers.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:Drop to 14". I threw back a lot of nice fat 14" trout yesterday. Closing February is ok with me. Leave our river/creek fishing alone!
Then next year you will be throwing back 13" trout. More meat on a peanut than on a 14" trout
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Salty Gator wrote:
MudDucker wrote:Drop to 14". I threw back a lot of nice fat 14" trout yesterday. Closing February is ok with me. Leave our river/creek fishing alone!
Then next year you will be throwing back 13" trout. More meat on a peanut than on a 14" trout
Dang, where do you get peanuts that big? 14" used to be my favorite eating size for both trout and reds, especially reds. Like a friend says, differences in opinions is why ugly women get married and poor land sells. :smt005
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

MudDucker wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
Dang, where do you get peanuts that big? 14" used to be my favorite eating size for both trout and reds, especially reds. Like a friend says, differences in opinions is why ugly women get married and poor land sells. :smt005
:beer: