looking for fishing partner for louisiana

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

ertauber

looking for fishing partner for louisiana

Post by ertauber »

Retired guy looking to fish the Louisiana redfish and trout. Looking for a partner to share expense. I would like to use a guide the first time but I intend to bring my fishing boat and tackle. Very flexible on date but would like to go in November.

Eugene Tauber
920-296-0401
ertauber@yahoo.com
spoton
Site Sponsor

Re: looking for fishing partner for louisiana

Post by spoton »

Can't go with you but wish I could. I have fished South Louisiana many times and believe November to be the absolute best month for redfish in the marsh. The area from Golden Meadow/Catfish Lake to Grand Isle is my favorite. One thing I would caution you on is to check for when duck season opens and try to go before that if you can. The duck hunters get pissed in a major way if they find people fishing on or even near their leases during season, and some of them are not such nice people.
ertauber

Post by ertauber »

Well, the trip to Slidell, La on Monday and the drive was well worth it.The higher fishing limits makes bringing home a cooler full very accurate. I fished with Capt. Bubby Lamy from Inandoutcharters.com. The price for all day was cheap, the boat was 25' Ranger with 300hp Yamaha. I was surprised when we were fishing almost all day in 1-2 feet of water. The 50 trout we kept were on plastic Matrix Shad and some live shrimp. The reds were in very shallow water on the Matrix Shad Lemon Drop. We kept 8 all over 25". We saw many, many reds and when one hit you had a battle.
Tentatively planning to return in January when the weather is right.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Glad you had a good trip. That's an incredible fishery over there.

Another good guide option is Capt. John Falterman Jr., who runs out of Slidell.

www.therapycharters.net

He specializes in Biloxi Marsh and Lakes Ponchartrain & Borgne for trophy trout. He also has a guest house where clients can stay.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat