Water Temp

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Pirate

Water Temp

Post by Pirate »

I know it's up and down some with fall in full swing but what temp are the flats running now? Should the trout still be roaming the grass or are river mouths a better bet? Thanks in advance
People that catch a lot of fish fish a lot!
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Re: Water Temp

Post by ugadawg »

68 at Keaton on Saturday
ugadawg
Site Sponsor

Post by ugadawg »

68 at Keaton on Saturday
DoubleR

Post by DoubleR »

The rock garden was 72 degrees and on fire between 12:30 and 3:00. I landed several large trout in the 18 to 20 inch range. I released the big sows and kept the smaller for dinner. I had all of my luck on 3 inch molten gulp with a 1/8 ounce jig head. When I was heading out at low tide pulled in between a couple of osyter bars an picked up 4 nice flounder along with several 15” rock bass. All in all a great day on the flats.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Thanks guys, Planning on getting on the water this weekend and this time of year, with patterns due to change, just looking for a good place to start. :thumbup:
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

looks like some great wind in the forecast for this weekend.... Good opportunity to tuck in tight or do a little pre-winter maintenance
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
One Keeper

Post by One Keeper »

68-69 at Spring Warrior Saturday and fish were everywhere. Get out there now and enjoy. :thumbup:
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

72-73 Saturday and Sunday outside the stake line to the east. Saturday was good from noon until almost sunset. Caught some short gags and rock bass. Sunday was slower until about 10:00 am. I fed several nice rock bass to sharks by accident and then landed a 6 foot and an 8 foot tiger just to get my hook back. After the grey suits showed up I got a lot of bites but they seemed to all be sharks. Slowed way down by 2 pm.
Pirate

Post by Pirate »

Wind is not looking too agreeable as FWC mentioned. May have to postpone this trip.