Saturday testing 94 sv

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BeeeReady

Saturday testing 94 sv

Post by BeeeReady »

Went out Saturday to test my new 94sv Garmin and to search for some grouper. Put in at the Fort and ran down the river to look at the bottom and see if the transducer was working well and it was so I headed out into about 20 feet of water and started to troll.
I must say I was very impressed with the image on the SideView and the traditional sonar with the GT 51m transducer was spectacular. Caught 13 grouper trolling Rapala magnums with my new TLD 20s. Two came home with me to eat. Also chummed up a few nice mangrove snapper. It was a very nice day and it was really fun to catch some fish. I love my new bottom and machine. I have always had a Lowrance and Garmin is way better than any Lowrance I have ever owned.
Backcountry 189 Pro Guide
Suzuki Df140
Semper Fi
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Saturday testing 94 sv

Post by Salty Gator »

Thanks for the report. If you put in at safe light, we were one boat ahead of you at the fort. We didn't have any luck trolling, and ran into some grass. But found our limit on spot #2 bottom fishing in 30'.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
craSSh

Post by craSSh »

Nice. I put a 74sv on my boat earlier this year. They're very nice units. Can't wait until the Navionics chip comes out.
hairface

Post by hairface »

thanks for info on graph I have lowrance keeps locking down looking to buy new graph cant make my mind up will navonics not work in garmin
craSSh

Post by craSSh »

hairface wrote:will navonics not work in garmin
Not yet... but soon