$12 Rod&Reel Redfish Challenge!!

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

dudewheresmyplug

$12 Rod&Reel Redfish Challenge!!

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

https://youtu.be/neKDFFGk3Dg

Day on the flats, poling a low incoming tide here in the Big Bend area. The basis of the challenge is to prove the point that you don't have to have the best gear to get out and catch these fish. Oh, and have you ever heard a 1 bearing reel scream? Well, you're in store for it! Hope you guys enjoy!
jsaunders

Re: $12 Rod&Reel Redfish Challenge!!

Post by jsaunders »

dudewheresmyplug wrote:https://youtu.be/neKDFFGk3Dg

Day on the flats, poling a low incoming tide here in the Big Bend area. The basis of the challenge is to prove the point that you don't have to have the best gear to get out and catch these fish. Oh, and have you ever heard a 1 bearing reel scream? Well, you're in store for it! Hope you guys enjoy!
Nice work! I liked and subscribed. Next challenge video: Redfish on a cane pole [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Nice, that would go well with our $1000 boat redfish challenge
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

The better challenge would be to see how many trips you can get out of it not if it can catch a fish.
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

jsaunders wrote:
dudewheresmyplug wrote:https://youtu.be/neKDFFGk3Dg

Nice work! I liked and subscribed. Next challenge video: Redfish on a cane pole [FACE WITH TEARS OF JOY]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
I have done it with a red! We were fishing for sheephead at the cut with bream busters. Just wanted enough for a meal and it sounded like a challenge. Caught a just under red on a tiny piece of frozen shrimp. Thought I had a monster sheepie on.

We also did a 2 pound test challenge. Caught a legal red on 2 pound test. It took a while. We fished a spot that was loaded and all managed it eventually. Lost a lot of lures. Mostly casting. We only did one each, cause we did not want to keep it up and tire out fish.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Also caught a 4 lb bass on a Popeil's Pocket Fisherman! You old guys know what that was. We made sure our friends did not catch us doing it.
dudewheresmyplug

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

The better challenge would be to see how many trips you can get out of it not if it can catch a fish.
I'd be curious of that as well......might have to try it out.
Geno67

Post by Geno67 »

:thumbup:
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:The better challenge would be to see how many trips you can get out of it not if it can catch a fish.
Don't let your nephew drop it in the drink or it will be less than one. I can provide references. :-D salute3