Steinhatchee

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jjewell99

Steinhatchee

Post by jjewell99 »

Anybody been to the hatch in the last little bit? Just seeing how the inshore action is? I usually make the trip in October but didnt get to go last october, so we are headed down tomorrow.

Thanks in advance
zload
Site Sponsor

Re: Steinhatchee

Post by zload »

Haven't been recently but a buddy of mine went Saturday and Monday, he said they caught tons of trout Saturday all around 14 1/2" out on the flats, mostly on plastics but some bites on hard baits. He didn't do nearly as well on Monday fishing the same areas but did manage to boat a couple of keepers. He also said there was a lot of pinfish activity on the flats both days and they lost a couple of Spanish boatside.

I've also seen some good Sheepie photos from Seahag and others on FB in the past couple of weeks if that is an option for you.

Sounds like things are getting ready to kick off inshore. I'll be going with him this coming weekend at the Hooked on Hero's event, I think he has 2 veterans on his boat, so we'll be assisting them and not fishing much I assume but I'll report next week on outcome.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
jjewell99

Re: Steinhatchee

Post by jjewell99 »

I’m here now. We fished yesterday and caught 21 keeper trout 1 red and 3 Spanish. I’m a veteran and thinking about fishing in the tournament myself. We are getting ready to head out again. I’ll up date later. Btw most were caught on artificial

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk