Does anyone use the Livingston lures?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

relicshunter

Does anyone use the Livingston lures?

Post by relicshunter »

I noticed someone using them in a video and it seems like it's the next step up from all the rattling lures. They emit bait fish noises and rattle. The price isn't to bad, on most models. Any thoughts?
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Re: Does anyone use the Livingston lures?

Post by Steve Stinson »

Too rich for my blood, but Bass Pro has a table full of them on sale right now. I bought a dog-walking type plug that emits sound when wet, but I haven't tried it yet.
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

The ones I am considering are $7.99 at BP. Does anyone use a electronic noise making lure? Or are they just an extra gimmick beyond the rattle lures?
HighOnTheFlats

Post by HighOnTheFlats »

never have myself. but heck I caught fish on the "Walking Worm" back when it was a out
“..Grew up watching Bill Dance and Stone Cold, that’s why I’m always fishing and do nothing I’m told.”
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

Well I bought one and tried it on a trip to Keaton. It was a very windy day and i caught very few fish. nothing on the lure yet. The only two target fish were trout on a white/chartreuse gulp. Funny thing at the end of the day. We tried trolling for mac's or anything and the only bit was a 2" pin fish perfectly hooked in the lip of a 5" shallow diver lure. :lol:
He had a big imagination if he thought that he was going to eat that lure!
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I tried the one I mentioned above in the NFGFC Tournament last Saturday. No love from the trout on the $15 noise -making Livingston, so I switched back to the old standard bone colored Zara Spook. First cast - twitch, twitch, kaplooey :o :thumbup:

I guess I will stick with the cheaper brands. :D

Steve Stinson