Steinhatchee Memorial Day weekend

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

NativeFla55

Steinhatchee Memorial Day weekend

Post by NativeFla55 »

Hello everyone, I will be staying in Steinhatchee the 25th-29th. I plan on bringing my Carolina Skiff J16/Mercury 50 with me. I’m looking for some insight on where to target Reds. I have a polling platform on the boat and I’m familiar with a push pole, so getting skinny isn’t a problem. Any help will be greatly appreciated ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AugustusMccrae

Re: Steinhatchee Memorial Day weekend

Post by AugustusMccrae »

Either you are a really tiny person, or that is one more stud of a fish you are holding.

I'd probably start out heading south to pepperfish. It's just north of Horseshoe Beach. Tons of grass line and creeks.
NativeFla55

Post by NativeFla55 »

AugustusMccrae wrote:Either you are a really tiny person, or that is one more stud of a fish you are holding.

I'd probably start out heading south to pepperfish. It's just north of Horseshoe Beach. Tons of grass line and creeks.
I’m 6ft2 and close to 260 lbs in that pic, we have big bull reds all winter and early spring here in ponce inlet. Awesome thank you

silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Nice bull. But you've got to ditch the Fish hat and sport Atlanta Braves gear if you expect to catch anything around here. :wink:

Good suggestions already. Catch 'em up. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
NativeFla55

Post by NativeFla55 »

silverking wrote:Nice bull. But you've got to ditch the Fish hat and sport Atlanta Braves gear if you expect to catch anything around here. :wink:

Good suggestions already. Catch 'em up. :thumbup:
hahaha thanks man

NativeFla55

Post by NativeFla55 »

We got on the fish Friday Saturday and this morning then the wind and rain moved in

BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

There's always 1 insane posthurricane/tropical storm/snow storm fishing report...was this it? I haven't seen 1 yet. Gosh knows I don't have 1. Anymore water around here and the fish will need a boat.