Scalloping Keaton beach 6/23/18

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

doomtrpr_z71

Re: Scalloping Keaton beach 6/23/18

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Russ@R&R wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've only been to Keaton one time and it wasn't a necessarily busy day. That is a BAD design for ramp/truck & trailer parking/boat access, as are most of the other saltwater ramps I've used/seen in Fl. & Ga.. I competed in and ran bass tournaments from Ky. to south Fl. for 30 years. The saltwater marinas/ramps need to look at "most" freshwater ramp/parking area designs. Putting a ramp at the end of a dead end canal just ain't smart. It's like building a WalMart at the end of a cul-de-sac. Cluster flop waiting to happen.
I agree, if I go to the Keaton area I put in at spring warrior or dark island, I'd rather drive 15 more minutes and put in at steinhatchee 99% of the time. Even the shell island fish camp ramp isn't as bad, at least you have a whole river once you get into the water.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
Russ@R&R wrote:I've said it before, and I'll say it again. I've only been to Keaton one time and it wasn't a necessarily busy day. That is a BAD design for ramp/truck & trailer parking/boat access, as are most of the other saltwater ramps I've used/seen in Fl. & Ga.. I competed in and ran bass tournaments from Ky. to south Fl. for 30 years. The saltwater marinas/ramps need to look at "most" freshwater ramp/parking area designs. Putting a ramp at the end of a dead end canal just ain't smart. It's like building a WalMart at the end of a cul-de-sac. Cluster flop waiting to happen.
I agree, if I go to the Keaton area I put in at spring warrior or dark island, I'd rather drive 15 more minutes and put in at steinhatchee 99% of the time. Even the shell island fish camp ramp isn't as bad, at least you have a whole river once you get into the water.
I agree as well. No one should go to Keaton. It’s a dump. Please don’t go. Unless you want to book a fishing or scalloping trip then by all means, I’ll put you one them.
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

RedHillsTurkeyCalls wrote:Back to the original subject...looks like you guys had a blast!

To the off topic, one of the true pleasures of retirement is a sportsman schedule of activities Tuesday-Thursday!!
. Yeah it was a great time. Hope to go back next weekend.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:Sounds like they really need an attendant, especially during scallop season
They have two attendants and a deputy there right now on the weekends.
In that case, there should be no problem
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven