Charts.

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Crazytazman

Charts.

Post by Crazytazman »

Is there somewhere around carrabelle to buy some charts of the waters around the area? I can buy online but was just wondering. From Valdosta it looks like Tallahassee might be the closest place for me to buy tackle and other gear. Any thoughts and opinions are welcomed.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Charts.

Post by silverking »

The Ship's Store at the Moorings Marina has some. Maybe C-Quarters too. Lanark Mart carries a selection of lures and plenty of bait.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
guthooked
Site Sponsor

Post by guthooked »

I believe Shell Island Fish Camp carries them as well.
Crazytazman

Post by Crazytazman »

Just got off the phone with them at the Moorings. They seem to have everything I need. Will check the other places as well. Thanks
medicunderfire

Post by medicunderfire »

little bit off topic but does anyone know where/if they sell SD cards with numbers for the big bend area? I know the marina over toward mexico beach has one they sell for like 50-75 bucks I didn't know if there was something easy like that for the big bend area
Robalo 246 Cayman 300 Yam
Crazytazman

Post by Crazytazman »

Are you talking about the Navionics chips? I can't find them under $150. Is that what they are selling for 50-75?
medicunderfire

Post by medicunderfire »

not the navionics chip, its basically the numbers that everyone already knows about but would give someone new to the area a good starting point also of good starting points
Robalo 246 Cayman 300 Yam
Chill-N-Grill
Site Sponsor

Post by Chill-N-Grill »

John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Shell Island Fish Camp in St. Marks carries Top Spot fishing maps along with some other brand of fishing map. Both charts are based on the NOAA charts but they have fishing areas highlighted. The Top Spot map also identifies the fish that might be biting at various times of the year. Both charts are waterproof. Although electronic charts are nice, there is nothing like an old fashioned chart that you can unfold to see the whole area at a time. I keep my Top Spot map in my boat bag that goes with me every time the boat goes out.

For fishing gear, I go to Kevin’s Guns in Tallahassee as they have surprisingly good prices on quality fishing gear. I also find a lot of good stuff at Walmart.
Crazytazman

Post by Crazytazman »

Thanks John. That's exactly what I'm looking for. I agree. I'm old fashion as as well.