O Tower

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

John21:6

O Tower

Post by John21:6 »

Has anyone been out to O Tower lately? What can someone expect to catch around there? Any tips for success?
John21:6

Re: O Tower

Post by John21:6 »

I can answer my own question from my previous post. What's biting at O Tower right now? Sharks, big ones.

I went to O Tower for the first time yesterday. The crystal clear water surrounding the tower allowed my fishing buddies and I to see lots of long skinny fish swirling around the tower as soon as we arrived. We could easily tell that some of these fish were sharks. Optimistic that we could catch something good to eat, we fished at the tower anyway. Eventually, my friend's daughter hooked into something that was pulling too hard for her. Her dad took over. It was a game of tug-o-war with an 8 foot shark and the shark was determined not to lose. After snapping a few underwater pictures of the shark as it made a closer pass to the boat we cut it loose and saved most of our fishing line.

Convinced that we still could catch dinner at the tower, we dropped our lines again. Fish on! After another long fight, another friend brings up about two-thirds of what would have been a nice red snapper. After that, we decided to try some other spots.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

...but snapper season is closed?
All photos copyright @saverymill
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

Srbenda wrote:...but snapper season is closed?
Someone forgot to tell the sharks this! Oh wait, its' shark week. :lol:
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!