Anyone fishing?

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

eightwt

Anyone fishing?

Post by eightwt »

Seems like no one is fishing as little to no reports are posted. Water clarity must still be an issue. I fished the surf at Cape San Blas week ago for a short time while at the beach, water was really dirty.
FishWithChris

Re: Anyone fishing?

Post by FishWithChris »

Sweet tea to Coffee.

Fished yesterday w/ Rainman out of St Marks. A lot of bait roaming around - spani macks, big schoolie reds found offshore, not much doing inshore. no trout.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
relicshunter

Post by relicshunter »

We hit Keaton beach two weekends ago. Did a bunch of drifts around and beyond the racks and ran down to big grass key also. Tough fishing for sure, we got three trout all keepers, one Spanish, a few under size black sea bass, and cut off a few times by sharks. We re-rigged for shark and a big one came around and was too much for the line. Oh and caught my first cobia, undersized of course. Was a slow but ok day.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

tomorrow :-D
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Last Tuesday, I fished in the vicinity of Yamaha reef with some friends. We fished for about half an hour before the thunderstorms chased us back to shore. However, in that short time period, we caught and released a nice red snapper, an amber jack, a small red grouper, and a nurse shark. When we were just a few miles off of the Dog Island, we tried fishing over live bottom/rocks. We caught a few miniature seabass, a keeper flounder, and a big white grunt.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

No, but I'm writing about others fishing. :lol:

Going to target some NC marsh reds in the next couple weeks, then try for a Big Rock swordfish.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

Fishing all the time, it’s August and hot. Some days are okay some are not. Redfish are spread out everywhere and hard to nail down. Run and gun can be good right now but you have to catch them feeding otherwise you are just burning fuel.
Greenbone
Site Sponsor

Post by Greenbone »

3FD0F735-3447-4105-96D2-FBBFA9070BB5.jpeg
This was yesterday,Sunday out of Carrabelle
26 ½ “
dudewheresmyplug

Post by dudewheresmyplug »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:Fishing all the time, it’s August and hot. Some days are okay some are not. Redfish are spread out everywhere and hard to nail down. Run and gun can be good right now but you have to catch them feeding otherwise you are just burning fuel.

Nailed it
Terrier

Post by Terrier »

Fished the refuge yesterday and a got a 16" trout and a 20" red and was glad to get that. Water was string sweet tea
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

Thanks for the replys. Happy some are getting some tight lines. Hoping for clearer water.
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

Eightwt, how was the water clarity on the bay side?
Redbelly
Site Sponsor

Post by Redbelly »

In the heat of the summer I go Bassn it keeps me occupied
Work 2 fish 4 days

1988 vintage 1436 Fisher Jon
1992 vintage 15 hp Merc
eightwt

Post by eightwt »

BillytheKid wrote:Eightwt, how was the water clarity on the bay side?
Appeared stained from the road.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Juan wrote:tomorrow :-D
today was tomorrow. :D .. fished out of Apalach . Water was stained and a lot of water Hyacinths and trash floating around the bay. Ended the day with 4 keeper speck trout, 8 white trout (Weakfish) and lots of small croakers and big sail cats.. Hung a BIG tripple tail under a clump of water hyacinths only to lose him when the braid wrapped around the rod tip.. :smt011 I HATE BRAID!!
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/