October Fishing at Steinhatchee

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

HighPockets52

October Fishing at Steinhatchee

Post by HighPockets52 »

I have fishing trip planned for late next week unless weather trips me up. I went one time in 2017 scalloping and made up my mind that I would be going back to fish when could work it out. I used to do a lot of salt water fishing as a kid in N.C and then as an adult when I lived in the Caribbean and looking forward to exploring the Steinhatchee area. I was told by friends that Oct. is usually a good month but I was wondering if temp is still too hot?? Going anyway, boat is ready and tackle box is packed. I have enjoyed reading the forum posts as well as YouTube videos for the area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
mpa_72001

Re: October Fishing at Steinhatchee

Post by mpa_72001 »

Their biting and will only get better
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

It should be good down there this month. Go out and try it, move around til you find fish, try different depths and lure colors, presentations. And fish live pins under a cork if you can catch some. Good luck. :smt004
Yours in the South
jsaunders

Post by jsaunders »

I fished out of Steinhatchee last weekend, and will be back down that way in a couple weeks. The bite is starting to heat up. The early morning topwater bite was on fire this past weekend. Once the sun came up and the water heated up the bite shut down. We caught lots of schoolie trout (14"-16"), ladyfish, bluefish, jacks etc.. The larger trout we caught were still out in deeper water (5'-7').
2008 Kenner 21v
2008 Honda 150 4 stroke