Road Conditions btwn TLH and the Fort at St. Marks

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

John21:6

Road Conditions btwn TLH and the Fort at St. Marks

Post by John21:6 »

I just checked my work email and the office is going to be closed tomorrow. Maybe I should try fishing. Has anyone driven down from Tallahassee to fort at St. Marks? Are the roads safe and clear? Is the boat ramp in good shape?
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Re: Road Conditions btwn TLH and the Fort at St. Marks

Post by procraftwes »

John21:6 wrote:I just checked my work email and the office is going to be closed tomorrow. Maybe I should try fishing. Has anyone driven down from Tallahassee to fort at St. Marks? Are the roads safe and clear? Is the boat ramp in good shape?
People are struggling to clean up and might throw rocks at you but it's clear down there. Shields is closed and cleaning up and I didn't check the boat ramp @ the fort but I highly doubt it's open.

The mud is everywhere.
Apalachee Inshore
Site Sponsor

Post by Apalachee Inshore »

procraftwes wrote:
John21:6 wrote:I just checked my work email and the office is going to be closed tomorrow. Maybe I should try fishing. Has anyone driven down from Tallahassee to fort at St. Marks? Are the roads safe and clear? Is the boat ramp in good shape?
People are struggling to clean up and might throw rocks at you but it's clear down there. Shields is closed and cleaning up and I didn't check the boat ramp @ the fort but I highly doubt it's open.

The mud is everywhere.
Lol, I saw this earlier wasn’t sure if it was a joke or not. How did your boat fair?
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Apalachee Inshore wrote:
procraftwes wrote:

The mud is everywhere.
Lol, I saw this earlier wasn’t sure if it was a joke or not. How did your boat fair?
No damage. I did a good job tying it up.

Saw a couple that weren't so lucky with scratches and 2 sunk boats.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Drove to St. Marks this morning to check on the skiff and shed. Both came through fine, but access to St. Marks is restricted. Shields Marina is still cleaning up and probably won't re-open until next week. Bo Lynns Grocery Store had serious flood damage as well. Did not drive over to the fort ramp to check on it, but there is plenty of floating debris in the water. Lot of trees down between Tallahassee, Woodville and St. Marks. Utilities crews are working hard to repair lines. Flood waters reached all the way up past the drive to the Purdom power plant. The local folks I talked said it was the worst storm they've ever seen. Heard another report that Shell Island had major damage.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
John21:6

Post by John21:6 »

Thanks for the update on the conditions down in St. Mark’s. I keep my boat at Shell Island Fish Camp most of the time. The people who run it are great people. I hope that everything turns out well for them.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

silverking wrote:Drove to St. Marks this morning to check on the skiff and shed. Both came through fine, but access to St. Marks is restricted. Shields Marina is still cleaning up and probably won't re-open until next week. Bo Lynns Grocery Store had serious flood damage as well. Did not drive over to the fort ramp to check on it, but there is plenty of floating debris in the water. Lot of trees down between Tallahassee, Woodville and St. Marks. Utilities crews are working hard to repair lines. Flood waters reached all the way up past the drive to the Purdom power plant. The local folks I talked said it was the worst storm they've ever seen. Heard another report that Shell Island had major damage.