Bananas

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

4reels

Bananas

Post by 4reels »

Been getting skunked lately, so added a banana to the cooler for some reverse psychology.

Found the sheepshead up the river and the trout/redfish closer to the mouth.

My son landed the red . . . I love it when he out-fishes me!

ImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FishWithChris

Re: Bananas

Post by FishWithChris »

Nice work on the River Slam! Stud of a red there

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Banana slam, I love it. Excellent red for sure. Not a bad sheepie for dad either. Congratulations
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

Good job, but I thought bananas were bad luck! Maybe I need to carry some on my next trip. :wink:
Yours in the South
Gulf Coast
Site Sponsor

Post by Gulf Coast »

Yeah, keep playing with fire !! :smt005
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

What, no lemons? Nice day on the water. But I agree with Gulf Coast--that reverse psych can only last so long before the bananas/bad juju catches up to you. :wink:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
4reels

Post by 4reels »

silverking wrote:What, no lemons? Nice day on the water. But I agree with Gulf Coast--that reverse psych can only last so long before the bananas/bad juju catches up to you. :wink:
Totally agree . . . . Maybe it was just enough to hit the “reset” button. At least it gave me a chance to teach my son about the bananas on boats superstition.

If I did it again, I’d probably get barbed by a catfish, fall overboard, take out my lower unit on a rock on the way back, then realize my SeaTow has expired!

Yep, no more bananas.

reelbad

Post by reelbad »

4reels wrote:
silverking wrote:What, no lemons? Nice day on the water. But I agree with Gulf Coast--that reverse psych can only last so long before the bananas/bad juju catches up to you. :wink:
Totally agree . . . . Maybe it was just enough to hit the “reset” button. At least it gave me a chance to teach my son about the bananas on boats superstition.

If I did it again, I’d probably get barbed by a catfish, fall overboard, take out my lower unit on a rock on the way back, then realize my SeaTow has expired!

Yep, no more bananas.

To late, The DNA is there to stay.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Baseball players do crazy stuff to get out of a hitting slump. Jason Giambi has a famous gold thong that different players would borrow and wear to get out of a slump. I would wear a borrowed gold thong before I’d have the onions to take a banana. I almost kicked someone off my boat that had eaten a banana for breakfast. I didn’t want it on the boat, in his stomach or in the peel

Just imagine how many more fish y’all would have caught if you left the banana at the dock.
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
BillytheKid

Post by BillytheKid »

I didn't realize that the whole bananas being bad luck was an actual thing until I googled it. I almost always pack a banana with my lunch when I go fishing.
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I was on a boat that we were slaying the Redfish, then someone brought up the banana thing. The captain pulled out a banana from the cooler and we were shocked at, despite our good fishing, there was a banana on board. The captain said he did not believe in the superstition.
Some time later we decided to try out the reverse luck strategy and we promptly ran out of gas half way through our trip. That motor never consumed that much fuel, before or since.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Glad to see someone beat the banana curse. I can't seem to do that so bananas are strictly forbidden on my boat and if you ignore the sign, be prepared to swim. :smt009

Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/