RodDefender

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

roddefender

RodDefender

Post by roddefender »

RodDefender is the new, best fishing rod protector on the market! Collapsible, floating, light weight, made with heavy-duty blow plastic, and much more! Check it out at www.roddefender.com or on Instagram @roddefender.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: RodDefender

Post by silverking »

Interesting concept. But your site doesn't offer much information in the way of specifications, whether they'll accommodate just rods or with reels installed, any testimonials, retail outlets, etc.

Good luck with the venture.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
fishinfool
Site Sponsor

Post by fishinfool »

I agree the the site is a little lacking. After searching the site as much as I was willing, and watching all the videos, it appears(but is not clear) the the case slides over the rod and a rubber strap wraps around under the reel to hold it all together while carrying leaving the reel exposed.
I like the concept, but I think it would more attractive if it protected the reel also.
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

I'm sure there are times when a rod protector of some sort would be useful but it appears these would take up a lot of valuable space and size alone would prevent the use of existing rod holders. Personally, not something I'd be interested in but I'm always a bit suspicious when a first post is a sales pitch for any item.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:I'm sure there are times when a rod protector of some sort would be useful but it appears these would take up a lot of valuable space and size alone would prevent the use of existing rod holders. Personally, not something I'd be interested in but I'm always a bit suspicious when a first post is a sales pitch for any item.
People on this site are tame compared to others. The op would get his head ripped off on THT
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

I'll bet two dozen live shrimp we never hear from him again. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat