Dicks Sporting Goods

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

THOMAS CITY CURVE
Site Sponsor

Re: Dicks Sporting Goods

Post by THOMAS CITY CURVE »

StMarksAngler wrote:
THOMAS CITY CURVE wrote:This needs hijacking anyway , Where does everyone get the news these days ?
Assuming this is sincere, I like to create my own feeds from about 30-40 different news sources using https://Feedly.com. It then pulls down and aggregates all the latest news from Reuters, Associated Press, BBC, WSJ, NYT, Forbes, Bloomberg, Atlantic, Time, Economist, New Yorker, NY Post, CSM, Washington Post, Federalist, USA Today, Politico, NY Post, National Review, Weekly Standard, CNN, etc. Get a good balance from all the different angles and perspectives.

A wise person once said it is better to stay silent and let the masses think your an idiot other than open your mouth and remove all doubt ! :smt005
JeffB
Site Sponsor

Post by JeffB »

Wow! I think I clicked on the wrong forum.
FishWithChris

Post by FishWithChris »

Dick's is having a flash-sale on some items today until 10pm. Great deal on a Hummingbird Solix 10, $600 off!
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn. ~Chuck Clark

Image Image Image
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

I will guess that more and more frequent "sales" will become the trend at Dick's...

Reason for sales?

ETA - changed the link original was from WCTV but would not work despite still being on the page from 4/1/19.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

StMarksAngler wrote:
Being an intellectually honest bastion of truth, you've also noted for the readers how the statistical sources you cite here in fact have absolutely nothing to do with gun deaths, right? You didn't pull a classic Fox & Friends bait n' switch?

Oh, wait...
First, murder is murder. I don't want to be murdered. If I am, I don't care what does it, just that I don't want it.

Also, the gun deaths you cite include suicides. Of course you can't kill yourself with a gun in a country where guns are not available.

I could not find a non-biased source of just gun murders. They all list suicides as part of the statistics-the reason is the US reports these as gun deaths.

But the point remains it is silly to make it sound like we have a gun problem because our gun death rate is higher than countries that don't have guns. Especially if our homicide rate is no where near the magnitude of which you referenced. They just use other methods in countries with no guns.

I know there is no chance you will change your mind and that is fine. I am still not shopping at Dick''s, I don't care how good their sales are. I am also going to vote for representatives that support the 2nd Amendment. Do whatever you want. I would still save your life with my CCW weapon if I am able, just like I would any other human, regardless of their political leanings.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
MudDucker
Site Sponsor

Post by MudDucker »

onefishtwofish wrote:
StMarksAngler wrote:
Being an intellectually honest bastion of truth, you've also noted for the readers how the statistical sources you cite here in fact have absolutely nothing to do with gun deaths, right? You didn't pull a classic Fox & Friends bait n' switch?

Oh, wait...
First, murder is murder. I don't want to be murdered. If I am, I don't care what does it, just that I don't want it.

Also, the gun deaths you cite include suicides. Of course you can't kill yourself with a gun in a country where guns are not available.

I could not find a non-biased source of just gun murders. They all list suicides as part of the statistics-the reason is the US reports these as gun deaths.

But the point remains it is silly to make it sound like we have a gun problem because our gun death rate is higher than countries that don't have guns. Especially if our homicide rate is no where near the magnitude of which you referenced. They just use other methods in countries with no guns.

I know there is no chance you will change your mind and that is fine. I am still not shopping at Dick''s, I don't care how good their sales are. I am also going to vote for representatives that support the 2nd Amendment. Do whatever you want. I would still save your life with my CCW weapon if I am able, just like I would any other human, regardless of their political leanings.
An interesting fact is that if you take out 4 cities from the statistics, we suddenly fall way down the scale. Most of those cities have very strict gun control laws. This goes to prove what anyone with common sense knows, criminals don't obey laws.
Its a wonderful day in the neighborhood!
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Just thought I’d bump this
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

Looks like the Dick's boycotters are going to have to stop shopping at Walmart now too.
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I am fine with that. Support your local tackle stores and gunsmiths. :thumbup:
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

StMarksAngler wrote:Looks like the Dick's boycotters are going to have to stop shopping at Walmart now too.
That’s what I thought, but where is the “outrage”? None of the Dicks haters are saying a word
Steve Stinson
Site Sponsor

Post by Steve Stinson »

I think this news just came out and some folks are hesitant to believe it since Walmart often gets false rumors spread about them and our media is so unrelieable. There were plenty of negative comments on Facebook yesterday, which is the first time I've seen this news.
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Salty Gator wrote:
StMarksAngler wrote:Looks like the Dick's boycotters are going to have to stop shopping at Walmart now too.
That’s what I thought, but where is the “outrage”? None of the Dicks haters are saying a word
Maybe its because we already don't buy sporting goods from Walmart.....
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
The folks that shop for guns at dick shop for guns at wal mart
onefishtwofish
Site Sponsor

Post by onefishtwofish »

No Salty. I have looked at a gun at Dick's. Never bothered to look at Wally World.

There is not much to say, we beat the horse, it is dead. I'll do me and y'all do you.
Ducks, turkeys, flats fishing. Who has time for golf?
StMarksAngler

Post by StMarksAngler »

doomtrpr_z71 wrote:
Salty Gator wrote:
But that's not the point... now the Dick's boycotters can't buy anything at Wal-mart either, cause the big bad liberals wanna take our machine guns away. :D