Reel Repair Crawfordville/Tallahassee Area

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

KayakMacGyver

Reel Repair Crawfordville/Tallahassee Area

Post by KayakMacGyver »

Can someone recommend a reel repairman in the Crawfordville/Tallahassee area.

Not interested in Reel Repair by Jim - If anyone wants specifics on why I won't use his service, you're free to PM me.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Re: Reel Repair Crawfordville/Tallahassee Area

Post by Salty Gator »

I wouldn’t use the guy Kevin’s uses. I had him service one of my new ci4’s and it came back making a noise, that now Jim is having a bear of a time figuring out. Good luck
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
Captainawesomepants

Post by Captainawesomepants »

I've used Masters of Gun and Rod for some of my firearms and I've liked them. I would recommend them if that quality carries over to their work on reels.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Captainawesomepants wrote:I've used Masters of Gun and Rod for some of my firearms and I've liked them. I would recommend them if that quality carries over to their work on reels.

Jim does their work. I think he does a great job, but has a really long turnaround right now( do you want it done fast or do you want it done right?) :wink: ..... I’m sure KM has a reason l, and don’t want to hijack his thread. Just wanted to say it was the same guy......KM, if you have Shimanos, you can send them back to Shimano or to a certified repair shop, which I believe is half hitch tackle in pc...you can probably do the same for other brands as well. I’ve sent reels to them and had a pretty good turnaround.. good luck
Juan
Site Sponsor

Post by Juan »

Kast Kings don't break or need repair but if they do you just throw it away and get a new one. Image
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
Captainawesomepants

Post by Captainawesomepants »

That all makes sense to me now! Good to know, thanks.

Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Juan wrote:Kast Kings don't break or need repair but if they do you just throw it away and get a new one. Image
:lol: for the price of what it cost to service a reel, your probably right
KayakMacGyver

Post by KayakMacGyver »

Salty Gator wrote:
Captainawesomepants wrote:I've used Masters of Gun and Rod for some of my firearms and I've liked them. I would recommend them if that quality carries over to their work on reels.

Jim does their work. I think he does a great job, but has a really long turnaround right now( do you want it done fast or do you want it done right?) :wink: ..... I’m sure KM has a reason l, and don’t want to hijack his thread. Just wanted to say it was the same guy......KM, if you have Shimanos, you can send them back to Shimano or to a certified repair shop, which I believe is half hitch tackle in pc...you can probably do the same for other brands as well. I’ve sent reels to them and had a pretty good turnaround.. good luck

Thanks Gator. That's a great suggestion that I forgot about. Going to go that route!