Apalachicola Shore Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

jss12121

Apalachicola Shore Fishing

Post by jss12121 »

Hey there everyone,

Student in Tallahassee and will be in Apalachicola for the weekend. Without a boat, but have a castable trout rod, and larger surf rod along with tackle on me. I can pick up shrimp as well. Any recommendations for the fishing this weekend?

Thanks!!
Juan
Site Sponsor

Re: Apalachicola Shore Fishing

Post by Juan »

I've seen a lot of people fishing under the Gorrie bridge (on the East Point side). There's usually some current and there's some deep holes within casting range. I've caught trout there from the boat. I don't use live bait but I'd bet live shrimp under a popping cork will get you bit.
Life is short.... Ride a Harley and fish a Sea Pro
http://seaproforum.proboards.com/
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

You could also surf fish on SGI, one guy wrote that he caught some whiting there. Or the old SGI bridge should have something on it now.
Yours in the South
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Don't have any tips for the area but when you're back in Tallahassee try wade fishing wakulla beach with some live shrimp. When I was boatless I found it to be the most productive/easy to fish spot around.

Head east along the grassline and you'll hit some oyster bars that are productive.

Another spot is off skipper bay rd right before panacea and along bottoms rd in the same area.