Rod For Penn Senator 4/0

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Boudreux

Rod For Penn Senator 4/0

Post by Boudreux »

I have recently been given 2 Penn Senator 4/0 conventional reels. I'm pretty sure that they are old, but they are in really good shape and usable. I would like to rig them up to take them out this year. I am looking for some rod recommendations. I don't know much about offshore fishing so any help is appreciated. I will be using it mostly for snapper, grouper, etc.. I've never set up a rod and reel myself so if you have any advice on fishing line as well I'd appreciate it. Thanks
edif

Re: Rod For Penn Senator 4/0

Post by edif »

I would go with a rod that has an aluminum reel seat and roller on the first guide and roller tip. Length would be up to you and lb line you chose shorties are good for off the side of the boat.
dombern34
Site Sponsor

Post by dombern34 »

Custom is always a great option! :D If you're interested, shoot me a PM and we can work out the details!

I would recommend a couple of shorty's with an Acid Wrap (guides twist to decrease rod spin/torque)
EddieJoe

Post by EddieJoe »

If you want a custom rod, please do. However, I have two BPS stand up rods that are right for a 4/0 and can be had for $25 each. I’m in Tallahassee.
Boudreux

Post by Boudreux »

Hey Eddie I sent you a message. Let me know if you don't get it