Pier Fishing

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Pier Fishing

Post by CSMarine »

20190419_055953.jpg
No boat? Looking for a good place to bring a kid fishing, or just looking for a nice place to kick back and relax.
Try one of the local piers in our area. Yesterday my wife and I made our almost daily track down to Keaton beach pier to relax, watch the boats come in, and enjoy another Florida sunset. Naturally Nancy had to bring her rod.
She was rewarded with this nice 25 inch red.
Semper Fi
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Re: Pier Fishing

Post by DixieReb »

I'm gonna have to give it a try. Fished that pier before but never heard of anybody catching a red off of it, that is a nice one.
Yours in the South
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

Excellent fish csm.. glad y’all got out on a nice day and got dinner
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

I've caught everything from trout to cobia,
off Keaton Beach Pier. Flounder, blues, and Spanish. As a matter of fact, Nancy hung a nice Spanish right after she caught the red, but it cut off.
Another fellow fishing had two nice trout he had caught with live shrimp. Nancy was fishing with shiner tails under a cajun thunder.
Semper Fi
Drakenuts

Post by Drakenuts »

Is the pier at Keaton Beach wheel-chair accessible?

Thx
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

CSMarine wrote:I've caught everything from trout to cobia,
off Keaton Beach Pier. Flounder, blues, and Spanish. As a matter of fact, Nancy hung a nice Spanish right after she caught the red, but it cut off.
Another fellow fishing had two nice trout he had caught with live shrimp. Nancy was fishing with shiner tails under a cajun thunder.
. Wow. I’ve seen people fishing there but never seen anyone catch any. But when I was boatless we did get a limit of scallops right out from the beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

It is wheel chair accessible. The new pier is really nice. Wider, higher railings with wire for kids and pets safety.
Semper Fi
Price3275

Post by Price3275 »

CSMarine wrote:It is wheel chair accessible. The new pier is really nice. Wider, higher railings with wire for kids and pets safety.
I was wondering if they ever finished repairing it. It was in pretty sad shape the last time I was down there. :thumbup: Nice fish!
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

It's brand new.
Semper Fi
doomtrpr_z71

Post by doomtrpr_z71 »

Great job, I've never seen somebody actually catch anything other than sailcats off it.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

The new pier is longer and goes in another direction that the old one that was destroyed IIRC. I don’t doubt that you will have good luck off it up until fishing pressure kicks on.
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

Don't mean to beat a dead horse by opening an old post, but I just wanted to show a picture of a fish my wife caught yesterday off the Keaton Beach pier. It's a 19 inch trout caught on shiner tails under a cajun thunder. Anyone who my be land locked ought to give our local piers a chance. You just might be surprised.
Attachments
20190503_152314.jpg
Semper Fi
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

She did all right. We fished in our boat in all that wind and barely managed 3 keepers. Fish would bite but couldn't get good hookups. Like they were just curious. :roll:
Yours in the South
CSMarine
Site Sponsor

Post by CSMarine »

She had another nice trout and a Spanish hooked, just couldn't lift them up onto the pier. Both pulled off. I have a special landing net I made for the pier with an eight foot handle. Just forgot to bring it. She also managed to get four nice crabs up. Just enough for her stir fried dish she made for supper.
Semper Fi
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

I like to use a pier net, leave it just under the water and guide the fish in it. I lost a lot of good fish before buying one. :cry:
Yours in the South