Slave Canal questions

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

BloodyChamp

Re: Slave Canal questions

Post by BloodyChamp »

O yeah fried bream are in my future. I’m sore as heck this morning lol! Yesterday though I really didn’t even break a sweat. I don’t know what brought the boat butt on but that was really the only drama besides 1 little accident that’s so silly you’ll think it’s made up.

At the little shoal just before the actual altered canal you have to get out and drag at low tide. I’m dragging the lil boat and all of a sudden the water starts to move crazy and I can hear rocks moving in the water. I tripped and down I went. I walked up on about 100 mullet :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Red Beard

Post by Red Beard »

BloodyChamp wrote:O yeah fried bream are in my future. I’m sore as heck this morning lol! Yesterday though I really didn’t even break a sweat. I don’t know what brought the boat butt on but that was really the only drama besides 1 little accident that’s so silly you’ll think it’s made up.

At the little shoal just before the actual altered canal you have to get out and drag at low tide. I’m dragging the lil boat and all of a sudden the water starts to move crazy and I can hear rocks moving in the water. I tripped and down I went. I walked up on about 100 mullet :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:
Happens to the best of us.. I just laugh at myself now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Imagehow far is it from my location to home

Look closely at what somebody hung in the trees :smt005 :smt005 :smt005
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

Ok so what about Cow Creek?

Has anybody ever been all the way up there? Cow Creek is the big creek the pours into the Wacissa from the just before you get to the canal and Halfmile Rise fork. I can’t believe that it doesn’t show clearly on Google Maps because it’s wide. I went in a small ways years ago.

I went to the dam today for the first time in years and there was some pretty ace bank fishing with the ribbon grass all whooshed out from the extra water. It caught 1 bream after the other and a small bass. I wanted to walk onto the dam and take a selfy but decided that should wait until it warms up a little. I don’t think I’ve ever actually touched the dam even though I’ve been through it in a boat a million times.
BloodyChamp

Post by BloodyChamp »

5-10-23

I walked to Cow Creek from Twin Sinks today and it was pretty dang wild. I’d tried it before from an old tram that was a shorter walk but ran into a branch off of Cow Creek, and I got across it but the woods between it and Cow Creek were just to thick.

The thing to do was go to Twin Sinks, cross, and try to walk from the other side of the creek. There was a tram not far from crossing on the other side that I didn’t know about so even though it was a tad longer of a walk it was an easier walk. If I could have managed not to walk up on an alligator, hogs, and a skunk this would have been drama free lol! By the time I got there I didn’t have any more heart attacks left so the huge bass that I walked up on next didn’t spook me. But then these came by :smt104 :smt104 :smt104

I could almost touch them. I threw the lure at them for a long time until they finally went away, and they didn’t spook away. They just left. I could have parked at Twin Sinks and walked out with a huge bass and a mullet had I had some worms! That would have been a heck of a thing to me.

It’s a different flavor of fishin’ down there