Baby redfish

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

SHOWBOAT
Site Sponsor

Baby redfish

Post by SHOWBOAT »

Not sure how many of you track this stuff, but I was unaware that 8k baby reds were released in sjb this week. I may not get in as much fishing this summer, but i’ll renew my CCA membership

https://ccaflorida.org/red-tide-recover ... -february/
AFEF3945-F2DC-461A-9AA5-CBE8A99B5FCA.jpeg
47256E7A-FD88-413D-A57D-92B656557A35.jpeg
In the end we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. And we will understand only what we are taught.
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Baby redfish

Post by silverking »

Thanks for posting, Showboat.

CCA has gotten an unfair rap over the water quality issues in the state from a couple newcomer organizations. In reality, CCA has partnered with Duke Energy to help jumpstart fisheries with redfish and snook releases in several areas, are actively working on water quality solutions and funding with decision-makers and have a full-time habitat expert on staff. That's in addition to CCA's long track record of significant conservation achievements, including gamefish status for redfish and billfish, the elimination of deadly fish traps and gill nets, lobbying on the state and national levels and many others.

The summer-long STAR Tournament is now underway through the Labor Day weekend. Several local anglers have won big prizes in previous years, including a couple taking home boat/motor/trailer packages, fishing SUPs and college scholarships for junior anglers. There's only one catch--you have to be entered to win. Don't catch that tagged redfish without registering and regret it! Visit http://www.ccaflstar.com to sign up. Several area businesses have the measuring devices on hand.

If you're passionate about sport-fishing you spend a good amount of time and money on the hobby. Spend another $35 to join CCA to support their efforts locally, state-wide and all along the US coastline. It's a great investment in the future.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Just received this alert from Leiza Fitzgerald, the STAR Tournament Director:

"**Catch Alert - Franklin and Charlotte Counties**
STAR is off to a busy start this year, with two more tagged redfish catches called in yesterday! Both caught and released by unregistered anglers, tag FL835 was caught in Franklin County and tag FL148 was caught and released with the tag in Charlotte County. Unfortunately the Franklin County fish lost its tag in the capture but was released. But no worries, there are more out there!
Two more lucky - but not so lucky - anglers! If you're fishing, you've got to be registered to make it count in STAR! Tell a friend. Tell yourself! Get registered! ccaflstar.com"

Those two anglers missed out on their choice of a tricked out GMC pick-up, Pathfinder, Contender, Hewes, Carolina Skiff or Relentless Boats boat, motor and trailer package. There are tagged redfish swimming in Big Bend waters and someone is going to win big.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
GaryDroze
Site Sponsor

Post by GaryDroze »

Good friend of one of my former student athletes at Maclay School caught a tagged redfish at Bob Sikes cut Wednesday. He was not registered. Don't know if he kept it. If he did, I hope he found a really good recipe for cooking a $40,000 redfish.

REGISTER!!!