Most accurate weather forecast site

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

tailwaters

Most accurate weather forecast site

Post by tailwaters »

I'm getting real frustrated with each site saying something different so I did some research on the most accurate weather services this morning. This is what I found and thought I would share.https://www.forecastadvisor.com/Florida ... see/32310/
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Most accurate weather forecast site

Post by silverking »

Believe The Weather Channel now owns Weather Underground. The accuracy and friendliness of the site has gone down since, IMO.

Windy.com is the best site I've found for accurate wind forecasts and their weather predictions are usually spot on, too.

If you want really predictable weather planning, just check to see where Jim Cantori is and it'll be 500 miles away from the nearest system and absolutely beautiful. :lol:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
tailwaters

Post by tailwaters »

I too use windy.com for the sea conditions. I have heard they base it off ECMWF (European Model) which always seams to be the most accurate when predicting hurricane paths. I'm not real confident with there rain prediction on windy though. I want to see percentages by the hour so I can determine if I need to worry about storms in the morning or afternoon. This morning my "Weather Channel App" had the rain chance at 20% where as "WeatherBugg" had it at 40%. a lot of days the spread is even greater.
Salty Gator
Site Sponsor

Post by Salty Gator »

I’ve also been very disappointed in the weather channels predictions
Catholic girl pray for me, you’re my only hope for heaven
zload
Site Sponsor

Post by zload »

Apparently its my boat trailer, all I have to do is hook it up to the truck to generate a nice mass of thunderstorms in the gulf :-?

I argued with the TLH NOAA marine forecast site all day yesterday and into the night, radar was clear for hundreds of miles out into the gulf at midnight, no way it would be storming in the big bend this morning...

I would hazard a guess that all weather websites are pulling their forecast from NOAA and NWS data, maybe a few put some additional spin on it for major markets or specific storms but I doubt that impacts the big bend market much.
2008 Key West 196 Bay Reef
2008 Yamaha 150
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

Not strictly weather, but here's a column I wrote on practical mobile apps and sites for boating anglers:

https://www.saltwatersportsman.com/mobi ... r-fishing/
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

I use the Fishweather app, which seems to be the best at aggregating data into one spot.
Marine forecast, tides, wind, etc. You can even choose the model you prefer.

Is it accurate? No more than any other weather source, but it is easy to use.
All photos copyright @saverymill