Lost push pole

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

Williamsdad

Lost push pole

Post by Williamsdad »

Out of carabelle, .5 miles off Dog Island headed toward east pass, white, 15-16 ft. long, REWARD
Advice, stay on top of waves, don’t go through or under them, better yet, don’t cross > 10 knots in a skiff.
Very lucky.
850-570-0113
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: Lost push pole

Post by silverking »

Sorry to hear that. Did you have bungees on the pole? If not, you might want to consider adding some. More security when the seas are choppy or while trailering.

I'd suggest giving the FWC Carrabelle Field Office a call to spread the word. Maybe one of the officers on patrol will spot the pole floating somewhere. 850-697-3764
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Thanks Dave. Several lessons learned I hope. Not sure it floats.
Srbenda

Post by Srbenda »

Stuff the bow?
All photos copyright @saverymill
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Yea goingwith wind and waves, rode down one and under one
rockyg

Post by rockyg »

Sorry to hear that WD. I had a friend whom shall remain nameless who also lost his fancy-schmancy carbon/graphite light saber push pole a number of years ago. :smt010

We comforted him by pointing out that surely it had been found and put to good use by the local poachers by now. ;-)

The waters behind Dog and St. George can kick up to a confused and dangerous washing machine in no time. I have run back to Lanark a number of times thanking the good Lord I was in a bay boat.
“It's hard to measure almost.....because almost doesn't matter”
― John Dutton
silverking
Site Sponsor

Post by silverking »

:lol:

You neglected to mention that fiberglass one I also lost in St. Marks years earlier. Which is why I recommend using bungee retainers and mounting the push pole with the fork towards the bow. Those replacement costs add up.
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

At least I'm in good company!

Called FWC as suggested, they took the report at their dispatch number (850-245-7716), wanted more of a description than white, 18 ft. long, probably doesn't float, in case they find more than one!
leonreno

Post by leonreno »

I don’t use a push pole but I do carry a fiberglass stick anchor. It’s normally stored stuck through the side railing with a bungee. But I also slid a piece of pool noodle on it and on the rope that it’s tied to. Will help me find it if it breaks loose while anchored or while running.
Williamsdad

Post by Williamsdad »

Didn't actually see it come off and a guy was sitting almost on top of it, but when the wave hit we were a little busy. Didn't miss it til I got home, just assume the wave got it.