St. Marks 9/17/19

This area is for general discussions about fishing, rigging, baits, etc.

Moderators: bman, Chalk, Tom Keels

4reels

St. Marks 9/17/19

Post by 4reels »

Fished for a few hours this am with my oldest son. We had low expectations. Water to the east was clear with temps around 82. Lots of floating grass. Found one nice trout on a white paddle tail - fishing around some deeper cuts to the east in 4-8ft of water. Headed over to Peter’s Rock - water was crystal clear (see pic). My son landed his first triple tail on a bouy on the way back in (5 in chartreuse Gulp swimbait). Bonus manatee & calf at the Shields ramp - like right up to edge of the ramp!! Fun times.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
silverking
Site Sponsor

Re: St. Marks 9/17/19

Post by silverking »

Nice report. Sounds like an enjoyable day despite the heat. Cooler temps on the horizon. :thumbup:
"Sun rise and sun sets. Since the beginning, it hasn't changed yet." Little Feat
DixieReb
Site Sponsor

Post by DixieReb »

:thumbup: :thumbup: Nice! That's a big 'ol bream he's holding up, lol! :wink:
Yours in the South
dropaline

Post by dropaline »

nice catch!!!!!!!
Tallyfins

Post by Tallyfins »

Awesome! I may head to the lighthouse area on Saturday. Glad to see the water is clearing up. I'm gonna hit Shell Point at Blue Dolphin this afternoon to see what's biting! :beer:
Hit-n-Miss

Post by Hit-n-Miss »

:-D Very nice report and pics. :-D Thanks for posting and adding the water temp.
procraftwes
Site Sponsor

Post by procraftwes »

Tallyfins wrote:Awesome! I may head to the lighthouse area on Saturday. Glad to see the water is clearing up. I'm gonna hit Shell Point at Blue Dolphin this afternoon to see what's biting! :beer:
Watch the weather.. Crazy hot and a front coming through could equal some strong storms.
Tallyfins

Post by Tallyfins »

procraftwes wrote:
Tallyfins wrote:Awesome! I may head to the lighthouse area on Saturday. Glad to see the water is clearing up. I'm gonna hit Shell Point at Blue Dolphin this afternoon to see what's biting! :beer:
Watch the weather.. Crazy hot and a front coming through could equal some strong storms.
Yea...dang it. I got on the water about 4 and about 445 those storms started rolling in. Luckily I was still fishing around in the channel and hadn't hit the grass flats yet. I caught a small trout just after I launched, had a few nibbles around the grasses, and then I saw lightning a few miles away, and that was it! :) I tried to wait it out until about 530 and then gave home. One fish is better than no fish (just no keepers).

My buddy is coming into town this weekend and even though the forecast is pretty windy, we're gonna try and fish around the lighthouse area and see what we can rustle up!